A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:28:52 am
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178314 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:13 am »

What's your definition of an "automatic" weapon or "machine gun"?
Do you think they should be more heavily regulated than a semi-auto weapon?
TeeDub
« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2017, 10:32:52 am »

What's your definition of an "automatic" weapon or "machine gun"?
Do you think they should be more heavily regulated than a semi-auto weapon?

Not sure who this was aimed at....  but...

I would imagine most everyone's definition is similar...   A gun that will fire more than one round per action (in this instance, the trigger pull.)   If it only fires once per action, then it is semi-automatic.

I don't have a real problem with automatics being more heavily regulated (as they are today.)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2017, 10:35:40 am »

Not sure who this was aimed at....  but...

I would imagine most everyone's definition is similar...   A gun that will fire more than one round per action (in this instance, the trigger pull.)   If it only fires once per action, then it is semi-automatic.

I don't have a real problem with automatics being more heavily regulated (as they are today.)

That is the only definition - as per ATF - one trigger pull required for each bullet fired.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2017, 10:43:04 am »

That is the only definition - as per ATF - one trigger pull required for each bullet fired.

Sounds more like that's the definition the NRA lobbied for.

"depends on what the definition of is is"

I would imagine most everyone's definition is similar...   A gun that will fire more than one round per action (in this instance, the trigger pull.)

I would argue that definition only applies to gun enthusiasts.    
Everyone else's definition: if I pull the trigger, does the gun continue to fire until I move my finger.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:52:37 am by BKDotCom » Logged
TeeDub
« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2017, 11:08:28 am »

Everyone else's definition: if I pull the trigger, does the gun continue to fire until I move my finger.

That sounds fine as well.   Still doesn't' change a "bump fire" to a full auto.  Nor does it make a "binary" trigger (the new way to fire faster) a full auto.
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2017, 11:18:54 am »

Blame physics. Bump stock today, rubber bands tomorrow. They are literally the same thing.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2017, 11:38:10 am »

It's just a rubber band.

https://youtu.be/hCCT8JtwQeI
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

It's just a rubber band.

https://youtu.be/hCCT8JtwQeI

I forget the literal police are on the board...

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2017, 12:24:34 pm »

I forget the literal police are on the board...

Your word. And the fact that you don't understand the definition of literal is figuratively shocking.
TeeDub
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2017, 12:25:50 pm »

And....   This technique has been around since semi autos were a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2017, 12:34:55 pm »

Your word. And the fact that you don't understand the definition of literal is figuratively shocking.

pancakes are you talking about.

Don't misjudge the human capacity for ingenuity. I think you are wildly underestimating it.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2017, 12:45:40 pm »

Sounds more like that's the definition the NRA lobbied for.

"depends on what the definition of is is"

I would argue that definition only applies to gun enthusiasts.    

That is what fully automatic has always been - pull once shoot many.  Semi-auto - pull once, shoot once.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »

That is what fully automatic has always been - pull once shoot many.  Semi-auto - pull once, shoot once.

if your finger is stationary and the gun is moving against your finger to repeatedly fire. Is that pull once?  Sounds like "pull once" to me.
A single pull initiates perpetual pullage with no further finger movement required.

semantics
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2017, 01:24:29 pm »

And....   This technique has been around since semi autos were a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBQrtzSdVDo

Love the M1 !  One of the best rifles ever, until the M14.  Have shot literally (and figuratively) dozens of them - still have one.  

In combat, gotta carry an extra empty clip or two to throw while there are still bullets in the gun - fool the enemy - they would listen for the 'ping' of the clip being ejected, then could rise up and advance 'cause you had to reload.

Edit;
Listen for the clip 'ping' at about 3:25.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:27:19 pm by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2017, 01:25:46 pm »

if your finger is stationary and the gun is moving against your finger to repeatedly fire. Is that pull once?  Sounds like "pull once" to me.
A single pull initiates perpetual pullage with no further finger movement required.

semantics

Yeah, cause you are really pulling the trigger for every round.  Whether your finger is moving or the gun.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org