A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:56:29 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Mass shootings  (Read 178245 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: June 12, 2016, 11:53:38 am »

NBC is reporting the Orlando bar shooter was a security guard with CLEET certificate, gun licenses and a lot of homophobia.

Because of his name and heritage, there were immediate questions about Mateen's possible ties to Islamic fundamentalism — but his father said it may have been a recent incident involving two men showing each other affection that set the gunman off.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/terror-hate-what-motivated-orlando-nightclub-shooter-n590496

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »

Radical Islamic Terrorist.....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 12:57:34 pm »

And it only took Obama 2 minutes into his remarks about this to use the words "gun control". Gee, like the control he and W had in the gun walking scandals.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:16:48 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
davideinstein
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:12:55 pm »

We need less prayers and more action.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 06:30:13 pm »

Radical Islamic Terrorist.....

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 06:41:37 pm »

Too funny!!!!!!!!! He never had anything to do with the NYPD.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/06/12/orlando-nightclub-shooting-nypd/
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 08:46:02 pm »

And it only took Obama 2 minutes into his remarks about this to use the words "gun control". Gee, like the control he and W had in the gun walking scandals.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 10:27:30 pm »

Too many entities have a political need for this to be Islamic terrorism to take everything at face value. 
But a hate crime, yes, without a doubt.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2016, 07:42:53 am »

Too early to know for sure, but it appears he was a homophobe using religion as his excuse. His ex-wife immediately said he was Muslim but wasn't that into it. The FBI looked into him 3 times and couldn't find any connections to extremist groups.

It's almost like if you tell people through laws, speeches, and every other avenue possible that a certain group of people is undesirable, a slim minority of unstable people will take that as permission to act. Delusions of being a hero. He isn't some Isis cell, just a homophobe hateful person with an arsenal of weapons who decided to use them. In a country loaded with firearms, there is almost nothing you can do to stop it.

(sarcasm font)
But I demand a full denouncement from all the usual suspects who run around spouting hate at LGBT people. The American Family Council, ALEC, the Oklahoma legislature...I also didn't hear them denounce the Target bathroom bombing. They must support the terrorists! (/sarcasm font)

Honestly though, can we skip all of this and just get right to doing nothing? That's the best case scenario in these things. When we pass knee jerk legislation it almost never address any of the actual problems.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2016, 08:13:07 am »

Too early to know for sure, but it appears he was a homophobe using religion as his excuse. His ex-wife immediately said he was Muslim but wasn't that into it. The FBI looked into him 3 times and couldn't find any connections to extremist groups.

It's almost like if you tell people through laws, speeches, and every other avenue possible that a certain group of people is undesirable, a slim minority of unstable people will take that as permission to act. Delusions of being a hero. He isn't some Isis cell, just a homophobe hateful person with an arsenal of weapons who decided to use them. In a country loaded with firearms, there is almost nothing you can do to stop it.

(sarcasm font)
But I demand a full denouncement from all the usual suspects who run around spouting hate at LGBT people. The American Family Council, ALEC, the Oklahoma legislature...I also didn't hear them denounce the Target bathroom bombing. They must support the terrorists! (/sarcasm font)

Honestly though, can we skip all of this and just get right to doing nothing? That's the best case scenario in these things. When we pass knee jerk legislation it almost never address any of the actual problems.

Interesting though, I noticed yesterday that the OPD reported he called 911 and claimed his allegiance to the leader of ISIS before he did this, then after that was reported I believe ISIS took credit for it.  Sounds too convenient.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 09:05:50 am »

Interesting though, I noticed yesterday that the OPD reported he called 911 and claimed his allegiance to the leader of ISIS before he did this, then after that was reported I believe ISIS took credit for it.  Sounds too convenient.

He apparently tried to identify with ISIS, but he also tried to identify with police. Professing my worship for a fire hydrant doesnt make me a fire hydrant.

Fla. Gov. Scott: 'There will be swift justice'
Really?  Are you going to put the shooter's head on a pike?  Prosecute his family?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 09:08:50 am by patric » Logged

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:51 am »

He apparently tried to identify with ISIS, but he also tried to identify with police. Professing my worship for a fire hydrant doesnt make me a fire hydrant.

Fla. Gov. Scott: 'There will be swift justice'
Really?  Are you going to put the shooter's head on a pike?  Prosecute his family?

There's a reason many residents refer to him as *P*rick Scott.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 11:04:14 am »

We have a violence problem, no doubt, as Americans use guns and knives, or simply bludgeon other Americans with cars. The sad part is that we can't even begin to address the problem at the federal level. The NRA won't discuss ways to reduce the killing and their paid mouthpeices in Congress stifle any attempt to study gun violence. The CDC is expressly forbidden to do so. I've never heard of a problem being solved by NOT talking about it.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 11:12:16 am »

We have a violence problem, no doubt, as Americans use guns and knives, or simply bludgeon other Americans with cars. The sad part is that we can't even begin to address the problem at the federal level. The NRA won't discuss ways to reduce the killing and their paid mouthpeices in Congress stifle any attempt to study gun violence. The CDC is expressly forbidden to do so. I've never heard of a problem being solved by NOT talking about it.

Sure.  Children do this all the time.  That's what they all are.  Children.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »

Interesting though, I noticed yesterday that the OPD reported he called 911 and claimed his allegiance to the leader of ISIS before he did this, then after that was reported I believe ISIS took credit for it.  Sounds too convenient.

Pulse patrons: Mateen hung out at the club 'for years'

FBI and ISIS heartbroken

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/13/pulse-patrons-mateen-drank-club-before/85852008/

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org