A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:28:31 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prairie Brewery  (Read 20871 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »

https://www.restaurant.com/prairie-brewpub-tulsa-pid=329663

they have huge coupons on restaurant.com
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 08:03:57 am »

Surprised I haven't seen this

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/scene/whattheale/krebs-brewing-company-acquires-prairie-artisan-ales/article_91db22c6-6fc5-5bc2-99e5-75ff8d3f363e.html
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 09:46:41 am »

I meant to post that a few days ago. The President of Krebs Brewing put a "Letter from Our President" on the Prairie Artisan Ales website announcing that Prairie sold their brands to Krebs.  It was confusing, because it was titled "Letter from Our President" and it wasn't Chase, had to read carefully, not just skim to see the sale announcement within the ramble (not that it was hidden).

http://prairieales.com/a-letter-from-our-president/

Apparently the deal actually happened, or at least was agreed to last fall. The statement is that they bought "the brands" which presumably means the Tulsa brewery and tap room remain. As I understand it, Krebs has always contract brewed the vast majority of Prairie beer anyway, so doubtful there will be any meaningful change to the beer and as I understand it the Prairie guys are still in the day to day operations, crafting, and decision making (which makes sense, why buy a brand and kill the idea makers behind it). But does seem less "Tulsa" than before.

Helps explain why Krebs bought the ambitious new larger system and got it up and running a month or so ago. Wonder if there was a buy-sell clause in the brewing contract, if the economics were tough as it scaled up, or if it was going from start-up mode to being more of a mature company and the start-up guys felt tied down by it. I have no idea, but would be curious on the reasoning.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2016, 12:08:37 pm »

I meant to post that a few days ago. The President of Krebs Brewing put a "Letter from Our President" on the Prairie Artisan Ales website announcing that Prairie sold their brands to Krebs.  It was confusing, because it was titled "Letter from Our President" and it wasn't Chase, had to read carefully, not just skim to see the sale announcement within the ramble (not that it was hidden).

Apparently the deal actually happened, or at least was agreed to last fall. The statement is that they bought "the brands" which presumably means the Tulsa brewery and tap room remain. As I understand it, Krebs has always contract brewed the vast majority of Prairie beer anyway, so doubtful there will be any meaningful change to the beer and as I understand it the Prairie guys are still in the day to day operations, crafting, and decision making (which makes sense, why buy a brand and kill the idea makers behind it). But does seem less "Tulsa" than before.

Helps explain why Krebs bought the ambitious new larger system and got it up and running a month or so ago. Wonder if there was a buy-sell clause in the brewing contract, if the economics were tough as it scaled up, or if it was going from start-up mode to being more of a mature company and the start-up guys felt tied down by it. I have no idea, but would be curious on the reasoning.

I went to Krebs in the spring of 2015 to go to the brewing facility and take a tour.  If it hasn't changed much since then, yes, they are contract brewing Prairie because I saw quite a few palettes of Bomb! and a lot of the hops and other ingredients specifically labeled for it.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2016, 10:00:06 pm »

It is possible for the dreams everyone closely involved has for the Prairie brand that this was the way to go from a capital perspective.

Chase is very much an artist though his creative outlet is on a canvas much more different than most of us relate to.  He does things with beer no one or few ever thought of doing (and some which just don’t register with me but are highly sought after all over the U.S. and abroad).  I mean literally, some of the things he has done used to be considered spoiled beer and now they can bring $12 a bottle.  Funny part is though, some of the brews he created prior to PAA are very much mainstream hits like Coop F-5 when he was at Coop Ale Works.

If everyone remembers, he purchased land down near Mounds which was to eventually merge all PAA operations at that property.  I believe part of the idea was to also grow some grain and hops on the property.  As he explained it to me, that whole move started to make little economic sense and was finally scuttled.  I have no idea if it was that he could not raise the funds for all the infrastructure and equipment needed or the idea of being deep in debt scared the hell out of him.  Perhaps the guys at Krebs were more willing to take that risk.  Perhaps PAA had started to become too mainstream for Chase and he’s got something else coming out of the West Tulsa brewery.

There’s many things about the blog post which are odd and leave more questions than answers and Chase and Colin’s own FB pages mention nothing of this purchase nor what it means.  In fact, they have been completely silent about it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org