A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:08:49 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 51st & Lewis Golf Clubhouse / Goldies  (Read 6812 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: June 02, 2016, 10:08:59 am »

Yes, Goldie's was the club house, and what is now the Lewiston Apartments was a 9 hole par three.

http://cdm15020.contentdm.oclc.org/utils/getfile/collection/p16063coll3/id/48/filename/49.pdf

Last night I ate there for the first time in years, just to see what I could remember.  Asked to sit in the back overlooking the hillside.
When I mentioned to the waitress why, she said someone else had been here a few days ago doing the same, and mentioned he remembers the boats.

As Goldie's go, the place is much bigger than the others, but last night it was almost empty.  It had a labyrinth feel you sometimes get when older buildings are repurposed.  Too bad they havent figured out how to monetize their history, and the area seems in decline given the condition of the apartments.

Sorry I couldnt get that link to work.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 10:42:04 pm »

Goldie’s Patio Grill, which has been been a part of Tulsa’s hamburger scene since 1962, has permanently closed its location at 4401 E. 31st St.

The location closed, along with the other Goldie’s in the Tulsa area, when the coronavirus pandemic prompted the shutdown of all public venues.

However, according to a spokesperson for company, the landlord who owned the building on 31st Street decided to sell the building.

The Goldie’s at 5200 S. Lewis Ave. remains closed because of plumbing issues caused by the recent cold weather.

The Goldie’s at 6121 E. 61st St. is the only one in operation in Tulsa, offering dine-in and carryout service. For more go to goldies.com

https://tulsaworld.com/entertainment/goldies-closes-midtown-location-first-watch-closes-all-oklahoma-sites/article_d99329f8-8a99-11eb-b3d4-ef2d6023a396.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:45:28 pm »

In one of my recent trips back in the last couple of years I went to the one on Lewis and was glad to see it was as good as I remembered but that location was showing it's age. I liked the one on 31st when I worked at Saied Music for a while.

Covid has been a disaster for the smaller places like that. I lost five of my go to places here and most of them had been in business for more than 30 years. Was talking with a friend over the weekend who's brother runs a restaurant equipment company. He's swamped with business for places trying to open back up and needing the kitchen and bar equipment serviced so they can open, and has quit buying used equipment because he has no place to store what he's bought. There was a news story recently that there is somewhere between 200 and 500 places here in the Phoenix area that are closed for good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org