A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:48:52 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hail Veil-Hail Protector for your vehicle  (Read 25403 times)
ThehailVeil
Tourist

« on: May 23, 2016, 09:55:35 am »

My name is Darla Johnson and I am the creator of this new invention called The Hail Veil. Its specially designed to reduce hail damage for your vehicle. I first came up with the idea about 8 years ago when living in Austin, Texas. I was watching the weather on the news (it was one of the first storms of the season) and they were saying Hail in the forecast. We had just moved into our new house in the hill country so my car and alot of boxes were still in the garage. Problem was my two daughters were living with me and both of their cars were in the driveway. I remember thinking to myself why isn't there a product available that I can put over the car to reduce damage caused from the hail. Needless to say after much research there really wasn't anything out there that was affordable and easy to use. So I ventured out to figure out a way to make something light enough, small enough and efficiant enough that everyone can use. It has been a journey but we are finally ready to introduce to the world, The Hail Veil!!

Please check out our new project on kickstarter for more information!!! With the way that hail keeps getting worse and worse this year, I know this is a good product that alot of people need! You can find pictures at the link!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/160245387/the-hail-veil-hail-protector-for-your-vehicle
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:17:15 pm »

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
ThehailVeil
Tourist

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:02 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy love it!!!!
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 05:17:26 pm »

My son got a nice check from one of the OKC hail/tornado storms. He likes to say that it was the only way he could afford his new car! Now I drive his old hail damaged car because my standards are lower than his. Its still a good car. But I love the idea of a hail veil. Maybe make it for bicyclists too?

onward...through the fog
ThehailVeil
Tourist

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 08:11:07 pm »

THanks!!! We have a facebook page please feel free to like our page and help spread the word! www.facebook.com/thehailveil
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 12:17:39 pm »

There was a severe storm on the Tulsa Tough a few years ago. I met one cyclist whose aluminum frame was dented by hail. A helmet is a good idea in such a storm.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org