A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:48:41 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could AAA baseball return to Tulsa?  (Read 23444 times)
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2016, 04:02:48 pm »

Lol...Down on Tulsa...Good lord....

davideinstein
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2016, 04:08:19 pm »

Lol...Down on Tulsa...Good lord....

Evidence is there for a downtrend.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2016, 12:46:59 pm »

I think there is some law in effect that whatever league Tulsa sports teams are in have to be a step below anything in OKC.  They have NBA, we had NBDL and WNBA (both now gone).  They have AAA baseball, we have AA baseball.  They had (for a while) AAA hockey, we have AA hockey.  We have NPSL (4th tier) and USL (3rd tier) soccer, they have NASL (second tier).  They are on the radar for MLS, we're not.  

I know pissing contests with a city that has 200,000 more people is kind of silly, but at the same time, it's not.  I'm for AAA baseball if for no other reason that the cities you get to play against are better.  AAA plays in Memphis, New Orleans, Louisville, Indianapolis, Nashville, Las Vegas, etc.  We play against small cities (Springfield, Midland, Corpus) and suburbs (Frisco).  The only reason I'm okay with AA is because the Texas League history and like some mentioned, the prospects who play in AA usually have higher ceilings.
davideinstein
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2016, 05:44:24 pm »

I think there is some law in effect that whatever league Tulsa sports teams are in have to be a step below anything in OKC.  They have NBA, we had NBDL and WNBA (both now gone).  They have AAA baseball, we have AA baseball.  They had (for a while) AAA hockey, we have AA hockey.  We have NPSL (4th tier) and USL (3rd tier) soccer, they have NASL (second tier).  They are on the radar for MLS, we're not.  

I know pissing contests with a city that has 200,000 more people is kind of silly, but at the same time, it's not.  I'm for AAA baseball if for no other reason that the cities you get to play against are better.  AAA plays in Memphis, New Orleans, Louisville, Indianapolis, Nashville, Las Vegas, etc.  We play against small cities (Springfield, Midland, Corpus) and suburbs (Frisco).  The only reason I'm okay with AA is because the Texas League history and like some mentioned, the prospects who play in AA usually have higher ceilings.

They are not on the MLS radar and USL will be second division next year. Rayo will go under as will the NASL.
TulsaRufnex
Soccer Curmudgeon
Philanthropist

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 09:49:13 am »

They are not on the MLS radar and USL will be second division next year. Rayo will go under as will the NASL.

Where are you getting this? Link?
I agree with what eventually will happen to Rayo Yukon, but the rest sounds like typical USL misinformation and scuttlebutt.
NASL is adding Puerto Rico this fall, San Francisco next Spring, and hopefully Chicago at Soldier Field next spring.
http://www.chicagonasl.com/about/faq/

On the topic at hand, ONEOK wasn't built for AAA baseball or professional soccer.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 09:52:53 am by TulsaRufnex » Logged

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”
― Brendan Behan  http://www.TulsaRoughnecks.com
davideinstein
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2016, 03:17:38 pm »

Where are you getting this? Link?
I agree with what eventually will happen to Rayo Yukon, but the rest sounds like typical USL misinformation and scuttlebutt.
NASL is adding Puerto Rico this fall, San Francisco next Spring, and hopefully Chicago at Soldier Field next spring.
http://www.chicagonasl.com/about/faq/

On the topic at hand, ONEOK wasn't built for AAA baseball or professional soccer.

It's the expectation from the USL/MLS after the two year application process is over. I don't see why they wouldn't get it since we all know MLS runs the pyramid. Agree on Oneok.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 02:30:12 pm »

Evidence is there for a downtrend.

He's talking about a different kind of 'down'...

Gotta admit, Bread, funny!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2016, 06:40:33 am »

There's our bumper sticker slogan for Tulsa....

Goin' down on Tulsa!

onward...through the fog
rdj
City Father

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:51 am »

There's our bumper sticker slogan for Tulsa....

Goin' down on Tulsa!

I'm goin' down on T Town!

Print the shirts for Crybaby Hill this weekend.

Now there is something Tulsa has that OKC has tried to copy and it isn't going as well!

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2016, 09:14:05 am »

I'm goin' down on T Town!

Print the shirts for Crybaby Hill this weekend.

Now there is something Tulsa has that OKC has tried to copy and it isn't going as well!

Hills?
rebound
City Father

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 09:22:30 am »

Hills?

Tulsa Tough, Baby!   

https://www.facebook.com/TulsaTough/?fref=ts

I am seriously bummed I won't be here for it this weekend.  (But I'll be camping in CO, so not all that bad.)

Get out and support Tulsa Cycling!  Going to be a great weekend, and Cry Baby Hill should be rockin'!

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 09:28:50 am »

Tulsa Tough, Baby!   

https://www.facebook.com/TulsaTough/?fref=ts

I am seriously bummed I won't be here for it this weekend.  (But I'll be camping in CO, so not all that bad.)

Get out and support Tulsa Cycling!  Going to be a great weekend, and Cry Baby Hill should be rockin'!

We are volunteering all weekend then leaving for New Mexico Monday night.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rebound
City Father

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 09:31:39 am »

We are volunteering all weekend then leaving for New Mexico Monday night.

Nice!   should have planned my events better.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 09:51:39 am »

Nice!   should have planned my events better.

Rather a bittersweet trip, going to see a terminally ill friend first then traveling north to look at some potential properties to purchase

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »

Rather a bittersweet trip, going to see a terminally ill friend first then traveling north to look at some potential properties to purchase

Condolences!

And have fun...!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org