A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:36 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Could AAA baseball return to Tulsa?  (Read 23446 times)
Laramie
City Father

« on: May 22, 2016, 11:47:50 am »

Would love to see AAA baseball return to Tulsa from a geographic stand point.   We now have a new baseball facility (ONEOK Park) which ranks high among minor league cities.   A rivalry with OKC, Memphis, Nashville, New Orleans & Omaha would certainly add to the flavor in spicing up America's greatest past time.

ONEOK Park, Tulsa

ONEOK Park (seating capacity - 7,833): 

Field size    

Left field – 330 feet - Center field – 400 feet  - Right field – 307 feet 

Bricktown Ballpark OKC (seating capacity - 9,000): 

Field size    

Left Field: 325 feet - Center Field: 400 feet - Right Field: 325 feet

Tulsa Drillers (5,480)
Texas League Attendance:  http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_att&lid=109
Pacific Coast League Attendance:  http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_att&lid=112&sid=l112

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
davideinstein
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 10:20:40 pm »

Just what the Roughnecks need...

Sigh.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:21:57 pm »

Why would you want it....Most all solid prospects are in AA....

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 05:08:41 pm »

I agree.

Laramie is from OKC and he continually has opinions about what Tulsa needs for sports, then starts bragging about how good OKC sports are. On the forum called TulsaNow.

I have been to 12 Driller games this year. They have great prospects. The opposing teams have great prospects.

AA level baseball is better. The AAA team is just a taxi squad.

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »

Truth.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 08:20:49 pm »

Look at the long line of really good MLB players who seasoned here.  We’ve got a great product with AA.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Laramie
City Father

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 08:37:36 am »

Look at the long line of really good MLB players who seasoned here.  We’ve got a great product with AA.

You have a great consensus on what you feel is best for Tulsa.  You live there, you know your city better than anyone.   Best of luck in AA, Go Drillers!  

“Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.” ― Voltaire
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »

Tulsa>Okc..../thread

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 02:49:59 pm »

You have a great consensus on what you feel is best for Tulsa.  You live there, you know your city better than anyone.   Best of luck in AA, Go Drillers!  

You never hear ESPN commentators when talking about former OKC players refer to them as 'Former Redhawk such and such'.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 06:32:40 pm »

Tulsa>Okc..../thread

Is it though?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 07:24:35 pm »

Is it though?

You bet it is,

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 07:51:26 pm »

Is it though?

If you need to ask, you should just shuffle off to OKC, one less bike in the bike lane for the rest of us  Grin

Trust me, I flirted with the possibility of living there for a couple of years.  Thank Yaweh my wife decided Tulsa was far cooler than OKC so she moved here.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 10:28:31 am »

If you need to ask, you should just shuffle off to OKC, one less bike in the bike lane for the rest of us  Grin

Trust me, I flirted with the possibility of living there for a couple of years.  Thank Yaweh my wife decided Tulsa was far cooler than OKC so she moved here.

I am still stuck down here (like today!) WAY too much of the time!  Just don't get it - so many of the people here are just like in the DirecTV commercials about "Settlers".  Guess it comes from the Oklahoma Sooner heritage....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
davideinstein
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2016, 06:40:43 pm »

I'm not a big fan of OKC. I'm just really down on Tulsa lately after a good run of progress.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 07:37:02 am »

I'm not a big fan of OKC. I'm just really down on Tulsa lately after a good run of progress.

Can't run on "high" all the time...gotta have quiet times, too.  We are still way ahead of OKC as a place to live.  Even if (especially if??) we don't have water in our river!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org