A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:14:04 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hobby Lobby in BA  (Read 9827 times)
TeeDub
« on: May 12, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »

A brand new Hobby Lobby being built in Broken Arrow, off Hillside drive near Bass Pro.

QuikTrip plans to break ground this month on a store just north of the center-splitting Hillside Drive, Phillips said. Also, preparation work has begun on a 55,000-square-foot Hobby Lobby that could open by January, he said.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/hillside-crossings-center-creates-bustle-in-broken-arrow/article_af168c6b-d07f-59a0-a245-a8eae785cc78.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 07:40:39 am »

It was touch and go there for a minute - I was beginning to fear I would have to start a new thread again!  2 or 3 in one year is just too much!!

So.  Now we have Hobby Lobby, that paragon of Christian values and morals.  Lying about antiquities and aiding in stealing them from their rightful owners.   Well, shoot...at this point they may as well open on Sundays from now on!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
rebound
City Father

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:16:32 am »

It was touch and go there for a minute - I was beginning to fear I would have to start a new thread again!  2 or 3 in one year is just too much!!

So.  Now we have Hobby Lobby, that paragon of Christian values and morals.  Lying about antiquities and aiding in stealing them from their rightful owners.   Well, shoot...at this point they may as well open on Sundays from now on!

I have all kinds of issues with the owners of Hobby Lobby, and I know what they did here was illegal, but I'm going to cut them some slack on this one.   Antiquities are being destroyed all over the Middle-East right now.  (Some of the destruction of Assyrian sites by ISIL is beyond the pale and so depressing...)  "The West" has a long history (right or wrong) of taking artifacts back to museums and similar.   It may not be right, but at least those artifacts are preserved.   The number of things that have been destroyed just in the last couple of years over there is appalling.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:54:31 am »

I have all kinds of issues with the owners of Hobby Lobby, and I know what they did here was illegal, but I'm going to cut them some slack on this one.   Antiquities are being destroyed all over the Middle-East right now.  (Some of the destruction of Assyrian sites by ISIL is beyond the pale and so depressing...)  "The West" has a long history (right or wrong) of taking artifacts back to museums and similar.   It may not be right, but at least those artifacts are preserved.   The number of things that have been destroyed just in the last couple of years over there is appalling.

That is the rationalization they will run with.  The ends justifies the means.  

And you are right - it is appalling what is going on in many of those mid-east countries - and so much of it perpetrated, or at least encouraged, by us.  One good wrong deserves another...  Perhaps what we could have done is NOT create situations that give rise to those groups...going back hundreds of years or so...?

Still lying.  Still stealing.   Still coveting what someone else has.  (3 out of 10!)  Still cheating.   It is the massive hubris as shown by many years of previous 'good works' of the Green family.

Now, the big question...will I still buy there.  Yeah, probably will.  I will hold my nose at their hypocrisy and go on with life.  But in addition to their past, from this, I know incontrovertibly what they are inside - and what they are NOT.  But I deal with many non-Christians on a daily basis, because we live in a secular world for the most part.   Eyes open - wide awake - always the best path.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:56:03 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org