A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:28:43 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uber & Lyft just left Austin  (Read 15460 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 11:07:43 am »

If cabbies have to have CDLs, then doesn't that mean they also have a medical requirement before they can be issued a full CDL?  I know a friend of mine still has his CDL but with restrictions since he never renewed the medical part of the license.  Maybe I'm confused.

No CDL required.  Astounding.

To drive a truck, you have to have a valid medical certificate, renewable every two years.  They will change you back to class D if you don't have the medical cert.

And if you have hazardous materials endorsement, another test is required every 4 years.  Along with TSA background anal probing.  And fingerprints all around.  And the test place takes your fingerprints to verify/compare to the TSA prints on file at time of test.  And proof of place of birth (birth certificate or passport) is required at test time.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org