A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:04 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stormgasm 2016 - Anual Event  (Read 12137 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: April 25, 2016, 07:09:47 am »

Based on records this is the stormiest week of the year. Dust the spiders out of your shelters.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:26:44 am »

Based on records this is the stormiest week of the year. Dust the spiders out of your shelters.

Look to the skies tomorrow night overnight especially if you live in the area.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:30:30 am »

This stormgasm was actually building LAST week. I saw some news station posting that the conditions for a storm next week will be perfect, and had a diagram showing from Dallas to KC as a danger zone. Oh yeah, that's the stuff!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:46:05 am »

This stormgasm was actually building LAST week. I saw some news station posting that the conditions for a storm next week will be perfect, and had a diagram showing from Dallas to KC as a danger zone. Oh yeah, that's the stuff!

"they" are getting really good at pin-pointing the trouble areas.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:59:40 am »

I heard the phrases "Historic danger levels" and "Epic storms" this morning.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 10:07:29 am »

I heard the phrases "Historic danger levels" and "Epic storms" this morning.

The Weather Channel said we are on TOR-CON level 5 today.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 10:53:46 am »

The Weather Channel said we are on TOR-CON level 5 today.

davideinstein
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 04:07:20 pm »

Looks sunny outside.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »

5:22PM. I heard rain outside the bunker earlier. Used the opportunity to soak up some rain water to buttress our supplies. Food stocks were somewhat depleted from lunch, ate one of the dogs. Let me know when this is all over.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 09:34:37 pm »

Jackasses sounding the sirens.....

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 11:56:09 pm »

Jackasses sounding the sirens.....

We generally prefer they do that when there is a tornado warning.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2016, 06:23:07 am »

We generally prefer they do that when there is a tornado warning.

You realize the sirens sound when  when a Tornado is actually forming and or on the ground right which there wasn't....Or are you to busy spamming the board about cops.....

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2016, 06:54:17 am »

You realize the sirens sound when  when a Tornado is actually forming and or on the ground right which there wasn't....Or are you to busy spamming the board about cops.....

Actually, there were several tornadoes forming and perhaps one on the ground out by Bixby.

Counties are now broken up into zones. If a tornado warning is issued for a portion of that zone the sirens will be sounded. Warning means a tornado has been indicated by radar or actually spotted. As we saw last night, many times radar indicates there "may" be a tornado and a warning is issued. Whether there was a tornado or not in such circumstances is not determined for a couple of days as damage is assessed (obviously larger tornadoes are easier to confirm).

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 08:41:55 am »

Not true.  Tornado sirens are sounded in concert with the NWS and the city emergency management agency.  They will warn for a radar indicated tornado.

And anyone using *outdoor* sirens as their primary means of warning of bad weather deserve to be Darwined.  Get a weather radio people.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 08:53:04 am »

This is as helpful as you would expect from a GOV URL.

http://stormaware.mo.gov/alerts/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org