A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:42:17 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince  (Read 7965 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« on: April 21, 2016, 11:12:31 am »

reports coming in of his passing today at age 57

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 11:18:00 am »

Morris Day Announced yesterday that he "shall have my revenge."

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:50:08 pm »

As a sidebar, Prince’s protege’ Vanity died back in February also at age 57.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 01:08:51 pm »

Beyond talented.

Reading through his accomplishments he not only composed, produced, and arranged his entire first album he also played all 27 instruments on the album.

That would make him an extreme genius on any scale.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »

One of the greatest of all time both as a guitar player and song writer. He has much more unreleased work than he ever put out.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 05:36:35 pm »

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/dave-chappelle-prince-sketch-based-true-story-article-1.2610273

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »

One of the greatest of all time both as a guitar player and song writer. He has much more unreleased work than he ever put out.

Funny you say that.  Listen to his guitar licks and he was very talented.  Yet, he never comes up on critical lists of top lead guitar players.  Had his music been mostly metal, I believe his guitar work would be better recognized.

As it was, he was a master at blurring lines between many different and complex music genres. 

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 05:12:32 am »

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 08:09:24 am »

Funny you say that.  Listen to his guitar licks and he was very talented.  Yet, he never comes up on critical lists of top lead guitar players.  Had his music been mostly metal, I believe his guitar work would be better recognized.

As it was, he was a master at blurring lines between many different and complex music genres. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y&feature=youtu.be&t=3m26s
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org