A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:20:25 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: River Design Overlay - A big step in the right direction  (Read 25064 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 07:04:22 am »

They also recommended passing the "REI Property" zoning issue to the Council. Which I understand to be a step in the direction of forcing compliance with the new zoning standard and killing the REI project.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 11:03:26 am »

They also recommended passing the "REI Property" zoning issue to the Council. Which I understand to be a step in the direction of forcing compliance with the new zoning standard and killing the REI project.
How so?  The approved PUD would supersede the overlay, unless a major amendment was requested.  At that point, any new development would need to come into compliance with the overlay.  (Assuming the park is included in the overlay, either RDO 1,2, or 3.)

I think the TMAPC is old and tired and didn't want to think too hard or take too much responsibility for anything.  Thus... punt!
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 12:26:50 pm »

My understanding was that the TMAPC originally proposed that the overlay wouldn't apply to the REI property. Hence, punting the issue to the council is a step in the right direction. Happy to be corrected.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org