A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:49 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The May Rooms Building - 1st and Elgin  (Read 7159 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« on: April 07, 2016, 07:29:06 am »

Partnership between Mark Perkins and the First Ward owners called Hygge Properties with plans to develop ___... they haven't made it that far. But they have made an announcement that they plan to develop ___.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 08:19:47 am »

Partnership between Mark Perkins and the First Ward owners called Hygge Properties with plans to develop ___... they haven't made it that far. But they have made an announcement that they plan to develop ___.

I thought the building had been rehabbed already into office and gallery space.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 09:21:02 am »

I thought the building had been rehabbed already into office and gallery space.

First floor has a gallery and a comedy parlor
Second floor is a salon: The First Ward.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:42:57 am »

Ahhhh....fond memories!

(Old timers will know...)

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 12:17:24 pm »

Ahhhh....fond memories!

I wouldn't. But one of my uncle's used to get glassy eyed when he would utter, "around the world at the May's rooms...."

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 12:23:08 pm »

Ahhhh....fond memories!

Never paid for it myself.  At least not by the hour or trick.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:29:47 pm »

I thought this was a fun and interesting article:

http://thislandpress.com/2011/10/08/sex-in-the-city/

Also love some of the quotes from former judges in this one:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/news/throwbacktulsa/throwback-tulsa-madam-of-longtime-tulsa-brothel-was-unrepentant-to/article_f2aa1d98-4c7e-52f1-9e0f-d30d6b0d42ee.html
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2016, 12:37:44 pm »

Ahhhh....fond memories!

So what you are saying is that some of the young professionals back in the day used to rub in the right way?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 03:41:48 pm »

So what you are saying is that some of the young professionals back in the day used to rub in the right way?

I worked in a business downtown where there was occasional contact with some of the ladies - all extremely NON physical.   Some were nice girls, they just had a different career path than would be considered mainstream. 

Very close - like next door - was Logan's Concessions where you could get really good theater popcorn and fountain drinks - best mix in town, then or now or any time in between!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 03:42:58 pm »

I wouldn't. But one of my uncle's used to get glassy eyed when he would utter, "around the world at the May's rooms...."

I have seen that look before....

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2016, 03:44:30 pm »

Never paid for it myself.  At least not by the hour or trick.

Lol...

Me neither, by either of those two criteria.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2016, 04:46:18 pm »

918-743-3749
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:28 am »

918-743-3749

R-I-D-E-S-H-Y

I’d always heard that was connected to the old Avalon Steak House somehow.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2016, 09:34:18 am »

R-I-D-E-S-H-Y

I’d always heard that was connected to the old Avalon Steak House somehow.

The building is gone - it is a parking lot now.  That one little building at east of parking used to be part of it IIRC.

http://tulsatvmemories.com/mayrooms.html

davideinstein
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2016, 04:02:42 pm »

Well played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org