A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:08:42 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meridia (f/k/a the Enterprise Building)  (Read 22280 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2016, 12:36:44 pm »

I know a number of IT people at Pennwell.

They seem to be the only department that doesn't turn over at an alarming rate.  I've been there now about 4 years.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2016, 05:16:10 pm »

including one of his slide rules that I never learned how to use.

No batteries required.  You do get a few less significant digits than a modern calculator though.

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2016, 08:06:49 pm »

I know a number of IT people at Pennwell.

So do I
rdj
City Father

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2016, 12:12:47 pm »

It was reported this morning that River City Development is renovating the parking garage for the Philtower and for the first time will be offering 100 new parking spaces for day or hourly use.  Prior to now, it had been a permit-only garage.  This is the kind of developer who is good for downtown.

Speaking of parking garages.  Does anyone know why on earth OSU Med Center knocked down the parking garage off the east side of their building to replace it with a surface parking lot?  WTH?

The parking garage at OSUMC was meant to be temporary.  Like many temporary things it lasted way longer than it's life.  They've been trying to get a new garage their built for years.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:19 am »

Progress is being made!  And, much to the developers credit, the final product looks almost exactly like the initial rendering.  The balcony space is awesome.  Will help bring more life to Boston after 5pm... and the more residents, the more the downtown trolley becomes a real part of mass transit.  Also, with the addition of TransOK and the existing Philtower condos, the park will have a good number of neighborhood users!

Website list info, though not nearly as much as some other downtown units:
http://themeridia.com/

1 bed 1 bath at 710 sq. feet, floor plans are shown for each
2 bed 2 bath at 1545
3 bed 2 bath at 1635

Most appear to be 700-900 square feet with each floor having a large unit at the corner of 6th and Boston.

Apartments.com lists the prices from $1099 to $2499 with some variations within each category.  Itists even more details, says some units are available now.  Has some really cool photos of finished units and the views.
https://www.apartments.com/the-meridia-tulsa-ok/y339qwv/

Listed amenities:
Open-Air Balconies In Most Units
Stainless Steel Appliances
Designer Tiles By The Renowned Ann Sacks
Dedicated Parking Structure
Kohler Fixtures Throughout Each Unit
Ultra-High Efficiency Heating & Air
Washer & Dryer In Each Unit
Water, Sewer, & Trash Included In Rent
Ground Floor Restaurant & Retail Shopping
Super Efficient LEED Green Architecture
Free Gym Membership
Pet-Friendly
Free Downtown Trolley Service
24-Hour Security
Concrete Structure Resistant To Inclement Weather
Modern-Style Architecture
Storage Space available

Fairly active on Facebook, with photos of progress and completions.  Even some future neighbors meeting each other:
https://www.facebook.com/themeridia

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 10:13:21 am by cannon_fodder » Logged

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2017, 10:42:43 am »

When I did the Dwell in the IDL tour the Meridia and the Palace were the only standouts (besides the ones above Prairie that aren't for rent). The Meridia sample apartment was breathtaking and modern with the large windows. I would totally move there except I have no desire to live on that side of downtown.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2017, 12:22:25 pm »

Wow! Makes a big difference on that corner now. Impressed by how close to the rendering it is.
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2017, 12:27:05 pm »

Progress is being made!  And, much to the developers credit, the final product looks almost exactly like the initial rendering...

1 bed 1 bath at 710 sq. feet, floor plans are shown for each

Thanks for posting the link, cannon_fodder!

I hope the final build-out of Apt #206 will include a water closet near the shower.  A unisex toilet is shown across the common corridor, but a shower/toilet equipped with a water closet within Apt #206 would make it a better place to live, in my opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't want to rent an apartment without a water closet included within the actual unit.  I wouldn't want to rely on common, shared toilet facilities.  A 710 square foot apartment really ought to include a private toilet with a water closet, in my opinion.

Something like this:

Source:  themeridia.com

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:45:14 pm by Bamboo World » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

I hope the final build-out of Apt #206 will include a water closet near the shower.  A unisex toilet is shown across the common corridor, but shower/toilet equipped with a water closet within Apt #206 would make it a better place to live, in my opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't want to rent an apartment without a water closet included within the actual unit.  I wouldn't want to rely on common, shared toilet facilities.  A 710 square foot apartment really ought to include a private toilet with a water closet, in my opinion.

Hahahaha!  Good catch.  Maybe they were going to put a macerator in the shower drain or one of the wash basins.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2017, 12:48:22 pm »

I hope the final build-out of Apt #206 will include a water closet near the shower.  A unisex toilet is shown across the common corridor, but shower/toilet equipped with a water closet within Apt #206 would make it a better place to live, in my opinion.  Personally, I wouldn't want to rent an apartment without a water closet included within the actual unit.  I wouldn't want to rely on common, shared toilet facilities.  A 710 square foot apartment really ought to include a private toilet with a water closet, in my opinion.

I think it was left off of the drawing.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2017, 01:19:16 pm »

I think it was left off of the drawing.

I assume this drawing was the plumber's work order.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2017, 01:34:42 pm »

Hawaiian poke restaurant set for The Meridia

A new restaurant is coming to a recently completed high-rise apartment community in the Deco District.

The Poki Bowl is set to open in September or October in The Meridia, 522 S. Boston Ave., said Hunt Hawkins, vice president of River City Development, which renovated the building. The fast-casual restaurant will occupy about 1,460 square feet in the southeast corner of the building's ground floor, he said.

"As a developer, we're thrilled," Hawkins said. "We promised our tenants restaurants on site, and now we already have two and they will be coming in before the end of the year."

An unnamed, speakeasy-type restaurant is planned for the building's high-ceiling, alley-accessible basement, he said.

A raw-fish salad, "poke" — which is pronounced PO-kee — has been described as the hamburger of Hawaii, with the popular fare showing up at nearly every place people gather to eat.

Customers at Poki Bowl start with a base such as rice or greens, add tuna or other raw fish and finish the dish with sauces and toppings. The company was established in San Jose, California, in 2015 and has a number of locations in the Bay Area.

The Meridia, which was completed this year, is a transformation of the long-empty Enterprise Building, which was built in 1954. Of its 93 units, 88 have balconies.

"We're filling up fast," Hawkins said. "It's almost full.

"People are loving the space. It is centrally located. We have all the parking in the lot across the street. We're thrilled."
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 01:40:54 pm »

Good that we're getting a Poke place which has been long overdue. The article mentions a speakeasy-type restaurant will go into the basement. This is great for adding density to the area. Hopefully they'll open soon as reported and the customers will increase foot traffic and help give the area a boost. Oklahoma Joe's is opening about 2 blocks away in the Pythian building also (I'm guessing in former Einstein Bagel location).

Now bring on some carne asada fries and a real New Mexican style restaurant and downtown will really have quite a diverse array of food!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

Good that we're getting a Poke place which has been long overdue. The article mentions a speakeasy-type restaurant will go into the basement. This is great for adding density to the area. Hopefully they'll open soon as reported and the customers will increase foot traffic and help give the area a boost. Oklahoma Joe's is opening about 2 blocks away in the Pythian building also (I'm guessing in former Einstein Bagel location).

Now bring on some carne asada fries and a real New Mexican style restaurant and downtown will really have quite a diverse array of food!

I have yet to find any restaurant in Tulsa which does a credible job of green or red chile sauce. That always vexed me about Cafe Ole’, really good entrees but for a place supposedly capturing the taste of New Mexico, they don’t seem to have a clue about Hatch Chile.  Tomatillos don’t belong in a green chile sauce!

It’s literally damn near a condiment out here at any local place.  Even American fare restaurants will still have few New Mexican dishes or at least offer the opportunity to drown your breakfast, burger, or chicken fried steak in red or green.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 11:31:57 am »

I have yet to find any restaurant in Tulsa which does a credible job of green or red chile sauce. That always vexed me about Cafe Ole’, really good entrees but for a place supposedly capturing the taste of New Mexico, they don’t seem to have a clue about Hatch Chile.  Tomatillos don’t belong in a green chile sauce!

It’s literally damn near a condiment out here at any local place.  Even American fare restaurants will still have few New Mexican dishes or at least offer the opportunity to drown your breakfast, burger, or chicken fried steak in red or green.

That is one of my favorite aspects of NM. There's a whole food culture there and you feel very much in a distinct place, just about anywhere you go. It seems like Tulsa should have at least one place that does NM food right. A lot of Oklahomans travel to NM relatively often so I think there would be a good market. Plus the food is so good. Just about everything is better covered in red or green chile sauce!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org