A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:41:54 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meridia (f/k/a the Enterprise Building)  (Read 22277 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 01:44:37 pm »

I think it was. I remember the Triangle store on 41st, and when I worked for a courier service, we did a lot of pick ups and deliveries to that location on Boston, and it was always blueprints and drawings. That was one of the few buildings DT that I never saw anything other than the ground floor.

My mother was a commercial artist back when design was done by hand and not computer.  She used Triangle extensively for supplies and product output.  I think they are mostly an output house now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 07:54:55 pm »

Anyone know if they are planning on having parking with this development? I know some of these properties downtown they have converted the basements into a few spots (Vandever Building was able to get like 10 spots into the basement). There's the parking garage across the street so shouldn't be an issue, but will be interesting to see how much they will get per sq. ft. rent wise if it has no connected parking. This would make #3 downtown in terms of residential conversions that has essentially no parking. The Palace Building, Vandever Building, and this. There's also most of the Kaiser lofts that have no attached parking either.
davideinstein
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 08:36:59 pm »

Anyone know if they are planning on having parking with this development? I know some of these properties downtown they have converted the basements into a few spots (Vandever Building was able to get like 10 spots into the basement). There's the parking garage across the street so shouldn't be an issue, but will be interesting to see how much they will get per sq. ft. rent wise if it has no connected parking. This would make #3 downtown in terms of residential conversions that has essentially no parking. The Palace Building, Vandever Building, and this. There's also most of the Kaiser lofts that have no attached parking either.

I don't think they have the space like the Vandever did.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 02:07:48 am »

My mother was a commercial artist back when design was done by hand and not computer.  She used Triangle extensively for supplies and product output.  I think they are mostly an output house now.

We did a lot of business with them back in the 70's when my dad and my brother got into doing photography of kids sports teams with team and individual shots for members and doing some matte settings for other work, and when I took two semesters of drafting at TJC North in 1982, and blueprint classes at Spartan in 1988. Still have most all of the supplies that I got from them and from my dad who worked as an engineer at McDonnell/Douglas including one of his slide rules that I never learned how to use.

Like I said it's good to see this building get a new life and a new face. IIRC it was discussed some time ago about the redevelopment of it. As for the parking issue, isn't the garage on the SE corner used by the IBM building or is it a public first come, first served? There is such a potential for more places like the K.C. Auto Hotel to absorb several of the stupid surface lots into a few parking garages with retail on the ground floor and better use for new structures for business and residential on the number of surface lots. I guess having lived in the PNW for the last four years, I have changed my thinking on things, and I see the hurdles that Tulsa is going through and mainly things that were neglected for years there, and as so many have brought up, until there is a change at the city council level, it will continue to be a struggle.

Speaking of new ideas, what is going on with this building? I think it would make a cool sports bar on the first level, and a upscale restaurant on the upper level.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/201+S+Cheyenne+Ave,+Tulsa,+OK+74103/@36.1532867,-95.9938077,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87b6eb79d75812f5:0x49974a75af91aef4?hl=en
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:13:22 am by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 07:37:17 am »

Speaking of new ideas, what is going on with this building? I think it would make a cool sports bar on the first level, and a upscale restaurant on the upper level.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/201+S+Cheyenne+Ave,+Tulsa,+OK+74103/@36.1532867,-95.9938077,18z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x87b6eb79d75812f5:0x49974a75af91aef4?hl=en

This: http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/hilton-garden-inn-coming-tulsa/nbsJr/
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 08:02:56 am »

Hah, the old Oil and Gas Journal building.  I work for that company...well, its parent anyway.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 10:09:55 am »

It was reported this morning that River City Development is renovating the parking garage for the Philtower and for the first time will be offering 100 new parking spaces for day or hourly use.  Prior to now, it had been a permit-only garage.  This is the kind of developer who is good for downtown.

Speaking of parking garages.  Does anyone know why on earth OSU Med Center knocked down the parking garage off the east side of their building to replace it with a surface parking lot?  WTH?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 10:12:48 am »

Thanks, I now remember seeing that discussed here before.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 10:16:25 am »

Hah, the old Oil and Gas Journal building.  I work for that company...well, its parent anyway.

Ahhh, PennWell. I still have nightmares about working in that building, and I know there's probably a couple hundred dollars worth of my tools in the ceiling space in that building.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 10:20:36 am »

Speaking of parking garages.  Does anyone know why on earth OSU Med Center knocked down the parking garage off the east side of their building to replace it with a surface parking lot?  WTH?

Unless the plan has changed there will be a new parking garage as well as surface parking.  I imagine those lots will be developed as the hospital expands surrounding the parking garage.

http://www.osumc.net/2012/05/osu-medical-center-reveals-9-7-million-transformative-plan-for-new-parking-garage-and-campus/

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 10:30:58 am »

Unless the plan has changed there will be a new parking garage as well as surface parking.  I imagine those lots will be developed as the hospital expands surrounding the parking garage.

http://www.osumc.net/2012/05/osu-medical-center-reveals-9-7-million-transformative-plan-for-new-parking-garage-and-campus/

That place needs a ton of updates.

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 10:37:52 am »

I know a number of IT people at Pennwell.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 10:46:13 am »

I know a number of IT people at Pennwell.

It was 22 years ago that I did work in that building, and i don't know which was worse. The crawl space over the south west corner of the building or the dust and noise out in the press area. The crawl space. When they did work on the roof the tar would drip down onto the structural iron, and that tar acted as mouse and rat traps so you had to be careful where you put your hands.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 11:27:42 am »

As for the timetable, Patel said "we're hoping in about a year to break ground, and then typically, it's about an 18-month process after that. So, we're looking at sometime in 2016, hopefully early 2016 opening."

I've not paid much attention so...how's that going?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 12:25:14 pm »

I've not paid much attention so...how's that going?

Well, if the date on this Google Street photo is correct, I'd say they are just a wee bit behind schedule.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.153697,-95.9934682,3a,75y,203.02h,87.79t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sD0lwtB7N6pmY7sOYjTChBQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org