A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:31:30 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Stripes In The TPD  (Read 8079 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 01:06:51 pm »

Thought about this over lunch, some other issues:

1) It is not a method that helps Tulsa Police Department ends up with the most qualified candidate.

2) If a public institution is selling an asset (a job), shouldn't the proceeds of that sale go to the People?

3) If a candidate for a promotion has to fork over tens of thousands of dollars, it is more likely that said candidate has to finance his promotion somehow. BOK probably doesn't finance TPD jobs.

and 4) This system encourages favoritism and hush money. "Listen here Officer, I know you want to report me for doing XY and Z which is illegal. But, if you do, I still won't lose my job and I will never retire when you are at the top of that list. If you don't report me, this job will be yours within 5 years and I will retire when you are eligible for this promotion. The normal going rate for Sargent is $30k, it is yours for $5k if you keep your mouth shut."

Maybe the system isn't abused at all, I'm sure the negative consequences are being hyped up in my brain -  but the potential for abuse is overwhelming.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org