A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:07:24 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa Roughnecks Season Thread  (Read 46300 times)
rdj
City Father

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 11:35:44 am »

Why do supporters have to resort to foul language to support their team?

As a father of three I'm pretty particular about those types of things and won't attend a Roughnecks game in seats that are close to your supporter group.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 11:51:15 am »

The only thing worse than drunk European Soccer Hooligans are drunk Americans pretending to be European Soccer Hooligans.
davideinstein
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2016, 10:07:37 am »

Why do supporters have to resort to foul language to support their team?

As a father of three I'm pretty particular about those types of things and won't attend a Roughnecks game in seats that are close to your supporter group.

Few responses to that...

1. Your kids aren't a supporters responsibility.

2. Support group at Oneok should be not in 101 & 102, they should be isolated in the terrace for both sides of the argument. Both are entitled to their opinion and that's just fine.

3. Profanity isn't a big deal. Ever listen to a coach or player on the field?

I no longer go to Roughnecks games because of how the team is operated but #2 is the best solution to your post.
davideinstein
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2016, 10:08:07 am »

The only thing worse than drunk European Soccer Hooligans are drunk Americans pretending to be European Soccer Hooligans.

Which is nobody in any of these groups. Ignorant post.
rdj
City Father

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 09:31:42 am »

Few responses to that...

1. Your kids aren't a supporters responsibility.

2. Support group at Oneok should be not in 101 & 102, they should be isolated in the terrace for both sides of the argument. Both are entitled to their opinion and that's just fine.

3. Profanity isn't a big deal. Ever listen to a coach or player on the field?

I no longer go to Roughnecks games because of how the team is operated but #2 is the best solution to your post.

1 & 2:  Yes, which is why I take responsibility for my family and won't attend games in seats that are close to the supporter group.

3:  Profanity is a) defined subjectively and b) subjectively a "big deal."  Thankfully the layout at ONEOK Field keeps us so far from the field you can't hear the banter on the field.  Smiley

My question still remains for all supporters of all teams.  Why must a fan resort to foul language to support their team?  Is it possibly just an illustration of the vitriol that seems to be boiling over in many parts of our society? 

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:15 am »

Is this because the team stinks, or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of?  I only made the first two games and hope to make some later this month.  It sucks that they aren't any good though, it seems.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:04 am »

This Friday the first 1,500 fans get a bobblehead. It will also be televised on ESPN3 and all games are broadcast on live on the USL league website and youtube.

Power is nothing till you use it.
davideinstein
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 06:02:16 pm »

Is this because the team stinks, or is there something else going on that I'm not aware of?  I only made the first two games and hope to make some later this month.  It sucks that they aren't any good though, it seems.

They don't invest in soccer at all past the head coach unless it's marketing. Friday will be the first home game I've ever missed for the franchise and I've traveled across the region to see them. It's a systematic problem from the ownership and front office. Unfair to the players and fans so I've decided to just support the local club in town. I could go in a lot of detail but what Rufnex says has a lot of validity. He seems crazy because it is crazy.
davideinstein
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »

This Friday the first 1,500 fans get a bobblehead. It will also be televised on ESPN3 and all games are broadcast on live on the USL league website and youtube.

Not going but there are a lot of good youth players that will one day play for the US on the Galaxy II.
davideinstein
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 06:03:54 pm »

1 & 2:  Yes, which is why I take responsibility for my family and won't attend games in seats that are close to the supporter group.

3:  Profanity is a) defined subjectively and b) subjectively a "big deal."  Thankfully the layout at ONEOK Field keeps us so far from the field you can't hear the banter on the field.  Smiley

My question still remains for all supporters of all teams.  Why must a fan resort to foul language to support their team?  Is it possibly just an illustration of the vitriol that seems to be boiling over in many parts of our society?  

Honestly, it's alcohol usually. But also nobody really cares about the words. People give them too much power. I cuss usually when I'm frustrated at a play.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 06:05:43 pm by davideinstein » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 06:24:35 pm »

I think it's different now than it was back then. I think you misunderstand supporter groups though.

No, I understand them quite well.  It’s a booster club.  They still don’t buy the majority of tickets if you look at the percentage of those sitting in their section vs. the rest of the stadium.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 07:50:18 pm »

No, I understand them quite well.  It’s a booster club.  They still don’t buy the majority of tickets if you look at the percentage of those sitting in their section vs. the rest of the stadium.

Majority of ticket holders appreciate them though. Booster club sounds weird.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 10:54:10 pm »

Booster club sounds weird.

That’s what they were known as back in my day, sonny. 

Now get off my lawn!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2016, 11:19:19 pm »

Now get off my lawn!

It still sounds kinda weird, even though I was a member of the Oiler Boosters until that organization got disbanded.  It turned out being a contest for all the women to see how many of the players they could bed.  Pretty disgusting stuff.  Before that it served a purpose.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
davideinstein
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 02:38:34 pm »

Now get off my lawn!

Hilarious
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org