A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:54:08 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fbiOS  (Read 37198 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 04:50:37 pm »

FBI claims Apple won't help them and refuses to help.

Apple provides documentation they didn't refuse anyone and even offered to help but were refused by the FBI.

Real story: FBI would just really like it if everyone would quit locking their stuff. Also leave your front door open.

Texas Rangers serve Apple with warrants for access to Sutherland Springs shooter's iPhone

Two days after the shooting the FBI's San Antonio office head, Christopher Combs, complained that encryption was preventing investigators from accessing Kelley's data. The iPhone was at some point flown out to an FBI lab in Quantico, Va., but without success.

Law enforcement may have missed a critical window during which they could have tried to use Kelley's fingers to unlock his iPhone without a passcode, though it's not certain that would have worked. Regardless, investigators reportedly failed to contact Apple during that window, leading to Apple itself getting in touch after seeing Combs' press conference.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/11/18/texas-rangers-serve-apple-with-warrants-for-access-to-sutherland-springs-shooters-iphone

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2017, 07:52:51 am »

Texas Rangers serve Apple with warrants for access to Sutherland Springs shooter's iPhone

Two days after the shooting the FBI's San Antonio office head, Christopher Combs, complained that encryption was preventing investigators from accessing Kelley's data. The iPhone was at some point flown out to an FBI lab in Quantico, Va., but without success.

Law enforcement may have missed a critical window during which they could have tried to use Kelley's fingers to unlock his iPhone without a passcode, though it's not certain that would have worked. Regardless, investigators reportedly failed to contact Apple during that window, leading to Apple itself getting in touch after seeing Combs' press conference.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/11/18/texas-rangers-serve-apple-with-warrants-for-access-to-sutherland-springs-shooters-iphone

You would think by now they would already have everyone's fingerprint available...I know they have dozens of mine...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2018, 10:10:21 am »

GrayKey iPhone unlocker poses serious security concerns

Such a device could fetch a high price on the black market, giving thieves the ability to unlock and resell stolen phones, as well as access to the high-value data on those phones.

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-world/2018/03/graykey-iphone-unlocker-poses-serious-security-concerns/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2018, 09:53:05 pm »

The FBI has repeatedly provided grossly inflated statistics to Congress and the public about the extent of problems posed by encrypted cellphones, claiming investigators were locked out of nearly 7,800 devices connected to crimes last year.
Over a period of seven months, FBI Director Christopher A. Wray cited the inflated figure as the most compelling evidence for the need to address what the FBI calls “Going Dark” — the spread of encrypted software that can block investigators’ access to digital data even with a court order.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-repeatedly-overstated-encryption-threat-figures-to-congress-public/2018/05/22/5b68ae90-5dce-11e8-a4a4-c070ef53f315_story.html

TeeDub
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 08:12:20 am »

Everyone should be used to their inflated numbers by now.   Only law enforcement can find a pound of marijuana worth 1.2 trillion dollars (street value.)
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 11:29:56 am »

Everyone should be used to their inflated numbers by now.   Only law enforcement can find a pound of marijuana worth 1.2 trillion dollars (street value.)

Or "Enough To Kill 32 Million" but point taken.

TeeDub
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2018, 11:58:14 am »

Or "Enough To Kill 32 Million" but point taken.

Maybe we shouldn't be numb to it, but rather infuriated by it...   But I only have so many battles I can fight.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2021, 06:35:28 pm »

Critics argued—and were later proven correct—that the feud wasn’t really about technical access to the phone. Instead, the feds were merely trying to set a legal precedent that would allow them to call on the private sector to decrypt products for them in the future or install backdoors in encrypted tech. Indeed, a 2018 Justice Department inspector general’s report showed that the FBI didn’t really try that hard to find other options before it toted out its lawsuit against Apple. It just wanted to compel the tech company to do its work for it.

https://gizmodo.com/mystery-of-who-cracked-the-san-bernardino-shooters-ipho-1846683814

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org