A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:41:52 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NRA in financial trouble?  (Read 12833 times)
rebound
City Father

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 08:58:35 am »

2A advocate here as well and I mirror your sentiments if not for a little different reason.  I could give two squirts of pee about LaPierre; my problem with the NRA is that it *used* to be an organization that taught safety and how to properly operate firearms.  They've turned into a super pac now advocating for gun manufacturers.

Agreed.  But LaPierre is/was the main driving force in taking it that direction.  From the beginning of his rise to power in the NRA, it's always been about personal power to him.  Taking the NRA from a hunting advocacy and training organization to what it is now is all about LaPierre increasing his personal power.  (IMHO)

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 05:34:58 pm »

2A advocate here as well and I mirror your sentiments if not for a little different reason.  I could give two squirts of pee about LaPierre; my problem with the NRA is that it *used* to be an organization that taught safety and how to properly operate firearms.  They've turned into a super pac now advocating for gun manufacturers.

They still have all the original stuff.  It has just been so overwhelmed by the political stuff that it's tough to see...

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 05:37:13 pm »

LaPierre should have been shitcanned by the NRA board years ago.  Why they keep him on is a total mystery to me and he's one of the reasons I am not a card-carrying member even though I'm a strong 2A advocate.

He is in the same "relative' position at the NRA as Putin is in Russia government.  He runs the show and has the sycophants to support him in it.

It has become a criminal organization.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2019, 06:54:33 pm »

Advertising agency Ackerman McQueen is asking a judge to block a fired employee from turning over "stolen" records to the National Rifle Association.

The Oklahoma City-based ad agency and the NRA split this year after 38 years and are now in a bitter legal fight that is playing out in courts across the country. Their dispute comes at a time when the NRA, the longtime gun rights champion, is coming under increasing scrutiny in the wake of mass shootings.

The former employee, Tammy Payne, is scheduled to speak to NRA attorneys on Jan. 3 in Oklahoma City. She has been told to bring with her a number of records pursuant to a subpoena issued in the case in Virginia.

The ad agency is complaining in particular about the NRA request for documentation on her employment, termination and any "inappropriate behavior."

https://oklahoman.com/article/5650953/will-nra-get-insider-info

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2021, 01:04:03 pm »

The Oklahoma House of Representatives met just long enough Monday to invite the National Rifle Association — described in a resolution adopted Monday as “the oldest civil rights organization in the nation” — to move to Oklahoma.

The nonbinding resolution passed by unanimous consent, meaning there was no recorded vote.

The financially troubled NRA does have Oklahoma connections, although not necessarily positive ones. The organization is locked in a protracted legal battle with its long-time marketing firm, Oklahoma City-based Ackerman McQueen.

Last year, after the state of New York sued the NRA for alleged fraud, the organization declared bankruptcy and announced it was moving its corporate headquarters from that state to Texas.

Instead, said state Rep. Steve Bashore, R-Miami, the NRA should consider Oklahoma.

https://tulsaworld.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/oklahoma-house-asks-nra-to-relocate-to-state/article_f21787fc-85db-11eb-bbf4-fbc36965c65f.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org