A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:49:17 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aubrey McClendon Indicted  (Read 32621 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2016, 12:57:25 pm »

Reading the car data record, he was traveling 78 mph at impact.  Down from 88 to 90 mph a short time before the crash.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2016, 01:20:24 pm »

DNA and dental records are easy to confirm. Add in wedding rings, cell phone signals, etc. Weak conspiracy theory.

Authorities could not identify McClendon's body at the scene of the crash but used dental records to get an identification. Investigators found his name in the back of a pair of pants to provide an initial identification.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2016, 02:03:09 pm »

Reading the car data record, he was traveling 78 mph at impact.  Down from 88 to 90 mph a short time before the crash.

They attributed that to the soft soil on the side of the road in the presser yesterday.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2016, 03:55:34 pm »

They attributed that to the soft soil on the side of the road in the presser yesterday.

Well, it sucks that he felt backed into the kind of corner that would lead him down that path - especially for his family!!  Sucks just as bad that he backed himself into the kind of corner that would lead him down that path.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2016, 12:14:23 pm »

Looks like McClendon's dealings may take another company down as well.

The terms outlined in the April 2013 pitch, obtained by Bloomberg, were so favorable to McClendon, however, that most investors turned him down, according to people familiar with the response.

After some haggling, one of the few that accepted was Tulsa, Oklahoma-based Energy & Minerals Group, the firm led by Raymond, son of former Exxon Mobil Chief Executive Officer Lee Raymond.

Though there’s still time to salvage the bets, much — if not all — of the estimated $2.6 billion that an EMG fund put into a half-dozen enterprises set up by McClendon’s American Energy Partners LP could be lost, according to Carin Dehne-Kiley, a Standard & Poor’s credit analyst who tracks three of the four biggest ventures. Side bets by EMG investors added hundreds of millions of dollars to that figure, said two people familiar with the matter who asked not to be identified because the information is confidential. That, too, is at risk.

“There’s a good chance these guys will default in the next 12 months,” barring an oil-price rebound, Dehne-Kiley said of the EMG-backed American Energy Partners ventures that she tracks.

http://www.expressnews.com/business/eagle-ford-energy/article/McClendon-left-his-biggest-backer-with-billions-6931926.php

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2016, 11:06:53 am »

Medical Examiner rules it was an accident.

http://kfor.com/2016/06/08/medical-examiner-aubrey-mcclendons-death-an-accident/
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2016, 11:48:30 am »

Medical Examiner rules it was an accident.

Silkwood...China Syndrome...he never got a chance to bring the files...
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2016, 01:07:34 pm »

Silkwood...China Syndrome...he never got a chance to bring the files...

Guess they don't  have to worry that life insurance policy won't pay off now that it's ruled an "accident".
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2016, 01:31:53 pm »

Guess they don't  have to worry that life insurance policy won't pay off now that it's ruled an "accident".

Oklahoma has a two year exclusion on suicide in policies written here, wonder if he’d taken out a rather large one not long before the “accident”.  Considering how far in debt he was reputed to be, that may have been his only option to keep his family afloat.  It’s a shame he didn’t see any other way out.

I never realized what a fire plug he was at 63” tall and 194# according to the autopsy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2016, 05:28:17 pm »

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2016, 07:48:19 am »

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2016, 09:29:02 am »

I never realized what a fire plug he was at 6'3” tall and 194# according to the autopsy.

FTFY  Smiley
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2016, 10:44:34 am »

As a commercial driver I see lots of drivers displaying suicidal behaviour everyday. Speeding, driving one handed with a phone to their ear, swerving lanes without signals, ignorant of driving rules, eating, smoking and under the influence. I do not find it curious that a stressed oil man under indictment might have lost control of his vehicle because of any of these behaviors. Its also just as likely that he momentarily yielded to that stress, but there is no evidence to indicate it was suicide. Its weird to see so much enmity and conspiracy over this guy. Rich guy exposed as subject to the same greed and incompetence as the general population. Nothing new here.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2016, 10:56:31 am »

FTFY  Smiley

Nope, autopsy report claims 63”.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2016, 11:09:28 am »

Nope, autopsy report claims 63”.

From the same Oklahoma ME's office making national news about funding and missed accreditation?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org