A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:19:33 am
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aubrey McClendon Indicted  (Read 32607 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: March 02, 2016, 10:54:52 am »

Former CEO and founder of Chesapeake Energy, Aubrey McClendon got slapped with a federal indictment yesterday for collusion and bid rigging on oil and gas leases.  This apparently took place with an unnamed OKC firm and no indictment has been handed down naming anyone else at this point.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/02/business/aubrey-mcclendon-is-charged-with-conspiracy-in-oil-and-natural-gas-bidding.html?_r=0

Text of the indictment is provided in this article:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2016/03/01/the-federal-indictment-of-aubrey-mcclendon/#1431d0515143

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 02:08:03 pm »

Aubrey McClendon has been found dead after a single vehicle crash in OKC this morning.  He was to appear before a judge today regarding the indictment handed down yesterday.

Oklahoma City police tweeted that the victim of a fatal single-vehicle wreck this morning was embattled oilman Aubrey McClendon.

Oklahoma City firefighters said earlier Wednesday that one person was found dead in a burned vehicle that had crashed on the city's northeast side.

District Fire Chief Benny Fulkerson said the person's body was found in the vehicle about 9 a.m. Wednesday after it crashed into a bridge.

McClendon, 56, was indicted yesterday by a federal grand jury in Oklahoma City on charges of conspiring to rig bids on oil and gas leases.
He was founder and CEO of Chesapeake Energy; he left the company in 2013 following a shareholder revolt.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/headlines/okc-police-embattled-oilman-aubrey-mcclendon-dies-in-single-vehicle/article_731f6017-0f7c-53c9-9a62-9dad73f0362f.html

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »

Aubrey McClendon has been found dead after a single vehicle crash in OKC this morning.  He was to appear before a judge today regarding the indictment handed down yesterday.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/headlines/okc-police-embattled-oilman-aubrey-mcclendon-dies-in-single-vehicle/article_731f6017-0f7c-53c9-9a62-9dad73f0362f.html

Hmm.  Suicide maybe?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 02:40:15 pm »

Hmm.  Suicide maybe?

Hate to speculate but high rate of speed and an abrupt left turn into a bridge abutment under I-44 on a fairly desolate stretch of N. Midwest Blvd sounds like a little more than an accident.

He issued a pretty steady denial of the indictment yesterday.  Usually, you’d hear of this happening just prior to sentencing, not prior to a first hearing unless they were planning to take him into custody today.

Meanwhile, CHK stock is up .65 on the day.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 02:41:03 pm »

Frickin' coward.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »

Hmm.  Suicide maybe?

High speed impact, no skid marks, crossed center line, supposedly not wearing a seat belt? Nah, he was trying to text and change the song on his iPod..........
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:56 pm »

Frickin' coward.

Or sad/overwhelmed, hopeless...any number of things.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 03:01:43 pm »

It does make you wonder who the other big name company co-conspirator is.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2016, 03:28:50 pm »

It does make you wonder who the other big name company co-conspirator is.

The other biggest player in shale is Hamm. Could it be him?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 03:44:48 pm »

Tom Ward and Aubrey started Chesapeake together.  One article I read said Ward was the CEO at Sandridge during that period.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 04:12:30 pm »

Or sad/overwhelmed, hopeless...any number of things.

Probably.  Maybe I would be sad too if I got caught using my multi-billion dollar multi-national company as my personal "sandbox" and someone told me no, ya can't do that!

Not gonna have to much sympathy for someone who acted the spoiled little rich brat, then didn't stand for the consequences when caught with his hand in the cookie jar!  I have had very few occasions where anyone has cut me any slack for comparatively tiny smaller things, so I gotta go with George Carlin's thought process.   Awww....poor little rich boy doesn't wanna play fair...  Fill in the blank with what Carlin would say.

He is a coward.

Channeling my inner Donald Trump....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
davideinstein
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 09:14:49 pm »

Did a lot of good and just as much bad. Interesting guy for sure.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 09:17:01 pm »

Tom Ward and Aubrey started Chesapeake together.  One article I read said Ward was the CEO at Sandridge during that period.

Article in Bloomberg this evening claims three different sources who say it’s Sand Ridge.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:38 pm »

Hate to speculate but high rate of speed and an abrupt left turn into a bridge abutment under I-44 on a fairly desolate stretch of N. Midwest Blvd sounds like a little more than an accident.

Silkwooded?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2016, 08:08:33 am »

Bid rigging can't be one sided. But its very nature, that's just not possible. Others are going down old Rt 66 in the near future.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org