A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:05 pm
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic City Books / Archer Building  (Read 50078 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2018, 08:22:16 pm »

I'd be curious to know how far the Brady District would have developed thus far without the investment of the GKFF.  Think about it, they've got a huge stake in the district.

Hard to imagine the district without the park that kind of brings it all together. Not to mention two other half block warehouses that have been totally activated (vs being completely empty).

In my humble opinion, Guthrie Green is right up there with some of the best pocket parks in some of the most vibrant big cities in America. All though it may be a touch too big to be called a "pocket park", however it's just not one of these monster Central Park/Gathering Place. Really it should be compared to town squares. Even then, it's one of the best of those I've ever been to as well.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2018, 08:55:41 pm »

I agree Guthrie Green is a gem.  It will be even better once some of the empty lots are filled in around it, the main one being at MLK & Brady (Spaghetti Warehouse).  That whole block seems like it would likely be the next GKFF redevelopment target.

Also the lots/warehouse on Cameron between Boston and Main to create a better connection between Prairie/56 Degrees North/Cain’s/future OKPop and the Green.

hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2018, 08:00:51 am »

I'd be curious to know how far the Brady District would have developed thus far without the investment of the GKFF.  Think about it, they've got a huge stake in the district.

I think we already know--it wouldn't have-at least not for another decade if not more. The downtown development of 2008/2009 was south of the tracks. Then we got hit with the recession.

Without GKFF's investment Tulsa would not be on the upswing it is now. My only complaint in the Brady is the lack of affordable apartments for those who are not associated with the GKFF. Something small, under $1,000 a month to give young professionals a place to live and keep the Arts district vibrant.

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2018, 08:29:13 am »

It will get there. Maybe not this year, but in the next year I wouldn't be surprised with a 'mixed-income' residential boom
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2018, 12:01:08 pm »

Perhaps something like this...

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2018, 12:22:33 pm »

Interesting national article about the $100 million impact of GKFF on the district: https://www.moderncities.com/article/2016-dec-from-parking-lot-to-world-class-public-space-in-tulsa/page/3

Sounds like they are planning something over at Boulder & Easton per this TW article:

“GKFF owns the land and is planning a development consistent with our goals of creating a vibrant district that is attractive for young, creative people to live and work in Tulsa,” Levit said. “We are studying various options and hope to accommodate both residential and office uses on the property

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/government/kaiser-foundation-focusing-on-residential-and-business-development-to-anchor/article_672c4d67-c3c4-530b-9957-792a78d4a1e3.html

Would really like to see the Spaghetti Warehouse block be a future target, along with the empty lots on Main.  I haven't heard anything new in awhile about the Hanson studio/brewery project at Main & Brady.

Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2018, 01:23:53 pm »

Would really like to see the Spaghetti Warehouse block be a future target, along with the empty lots on Main.  I haven't heard anything new in awhile about the Hanson studio/brewery project at Main & Brady.

You want this in the Brady District?!  Wink
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2018, 01:30:41 pm »

Some of the Spaghetti Warehouse block recently sold per records.  I've heard rumors on the rest but nothing I consider reliable/likely.

On Main Street there is a new parking lot at Cameron (slated to be a garage eventually), across the street is to be the Hanson/3CG brewery and studio, next to that Davenport lofts, across from that the OK Pop Museum.  That basically leaves one empty lot and one heavily used surface parking lot (Mexicali) unspoken for.  If all goes to plan, that's a lot slated for 3 blocks of one street.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org