A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:15:32 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City water shut-off valve location???  (Read 5162 times)
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« on: April 01, 2016, 07:08:05 am »

We're getting ready to replace some faulty shut-off valves in our old mid-town house and since it doesn't have a main shut-off valve at the house, I went to go turn the water off at the meter. But - after cleaning out all the leaves, roaches, and dirt I'm not finding a shut-off valve. I know there used to be one as I had to turn it off once before when I had put the shut-offs in the house but I think the city put a new meter in with no shut-off valve. Any ideas?  Huh
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:33 am »

We're getting ready to replace some faulty shut-off valves in our old mid-town house and since it doesn't have a main shut-off valve at the house, I went to go turn the water off at the meter. But - after cleaning out all the leaves, roaches, and dirt I'm not finding a shut-off valve. I know there used to be one as I had to turn it off once before when I had put the shut-offs in the house but I think the city put a new meter in with no shut-off valve. Any ideas?  Huh

It's down in the dirt there somewhere.  Get a trowel and keep digging.  Probably got some water in the hole, so need to bale that out first.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 07:27:47 am »

It almost certainly has to be there somewhere. The City shuts off water at the meter if you fail to pay a bill. They MAY have replaced it with some kind of special key to prevent people from turning it on.

I will try to remember to check tonight at home.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 07:40:34 am »

Yea - I remember always having to dig in the dirt to find it but I've got it down far enough that I'm at the pipe bends on both sides of the meter and normally that's where the shut-off should be. But - I can't find a curb stop anywhere either so I must be missing something.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org