A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11TH ST DEVELOPMENT  (Read 127551 times)
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2018, 10:47:25 am »

These food halls have been a hit in other cities so this will be an exciting development at 11th & Lewis.  And Renaissance Brewery is across the street.

When my wife and I travel, one of the best/most memorable experiences is going to the various food halls/mini-markets/food courts that are full of local vendors and local cuisine. In LA, there's Grand Central Market downtown and "The Original Farms Market" at the Grove. In NYC, there's Chelsea Market. Dallas has the Truck Yard and the Rustic. KC has the River Market. OKC is opening something like this by the Farmers Public Market (might already be open).

The article talks about the traveling aspect:

"We think people who are traveling down Route 66 and stop at the Mother Road Market to eat will find an amazing selection, and we want their experience at Mother Road Market to build a good impression of our city," Bausch said. "We’re looking forward to being a part of that."

"In its heyday, Route 66 was a place to experience the flavor of different communities while traveling along the mother road, and Metropolis will encapsulate this experience by giving customers well known street food items from around the country!

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2018, 11:05:14 am »

I think this development is especially smart considering fast-casual dining experience is a trend that is on the uptick and better fits modern economics. The future of dining is collectives that offer many different food options in a nice/trendy environment that is more self-serve (so you can save time waiting, save money not having to tip as much and I can serve myself better and faster anyways!). Cheaper rent for restaurants, easier/smaller footprint for them to open and close. The whole place can do a better job absorbing losses and also benefit from overflow of very popular places.

I would eat at certain sit down restaurants more frequently if I had the option to order it and eat it there in a nice environment and self-serve. Fat Guys, Lone Wolf and Coney Islander have that down! If only I could do that at Dilly Diner, Kilkennies or Laffa (sure you can get to-go, but the atmosphere there is part of the experience!). After tip, dinners at those places end up being ~$30-$40 for 2 which makes it a bit  more of a rarity/special occasion place in my mind. If it were self serve, I could get the same food for closer to a much more palatable (pun intended) $20-$30.

Lone Wolf was founded on making very nice almost fine dining cuisine at fast-casual pricing. It is tremendous food for a great price considering a sit-down-restaurant serving that food would cost maybe double.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2018, 10:47:59 am »

Ediblend Superfood Cafe to open a kiosk at Mother Road Market

Mother Road Market has added another business to its 27,000-square-foot food hall under construction near 11th Street and Lewis Avenue.

Ediblend Superfood Café is a fresh kiosk that features grab-and-go, blends, salads, breakfast items and snacks. Owned by sisters Piper Kacere and Amy Murray, it has been in business since 2014.

"Our mission is to help our clients believe they can live a healthy lifestyle, empower them to make good choices and transform them with superfoods that will nourish from the inside out," the siblings said in a statement.

The new cost for doing business in Tulsa.
For those who care about business and this community, we have a deal for you. Start a digital subscription for only $0.99. Sign up now at tulsaworld.com/subscribe.

"As native Tulsans, we care about the health of our community. With the addition of the ediblend fresh kiosk at the Mother Road Market, we'll be providing plant-based, whole food options so Tulsans and tourists alike can have a healthy choice at their disposal."

It joins previously announced tenants Andolini’s on the Mother Road, Bakeshop, Big Dipper Creamery, Bodhi’s Bowl, Metropolis, OKCookieMomster and The Wurst at the food hall. Ediblend will continue to operate its locations at Utica Square and 10115 S. Sheridan Road.

Mother Road Market is scheduled to open in late summer.

"Mother Road Market is proud to welcome another thriving women-owned business to our tenant mix," Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation CEO Elizabeth Frame Ellison said in a statement. "Ediblend’s raw, vegan menu has been a favorite of our team since they brought samples to judges during their pitch at the Tulsa Startup Series in 2014.

"We are thrilled to work with this incredible company again to offer our customers a healthy, vegan and raw meal or snack."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/ediblend-superfood-cafe-to-open-a-kiosk-at-mother-road/article_e02c94a7-a7c3-51e8-901b-97a76c800869.html
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2018, 10:49:40 am »

It (Ediblend) joins previously announced tenants Andolini’s on the Mother Road, Bakeshop, Big Dipper Creamery, Bodhi’s Bowl, Metropolis, OKCookieMomster and The Wurst at the food hall. Ediblend will continue to operate its locations at Utica Square and 10115 S. Sheridan Road.

Looks like at least 8 of the up to 17 vendors are picked out. Good mix of options so far.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2018, 10:05:35 am »

Mother Road Market adds a pair of tenants
Mother Road Market has announced two new tenants to its food hall concept near Route 66.

The Nest will open a second location, expanding on its array of local, vintage, chic and unique home and lifestyle products. Radish, a brand-new concept to Tulsa, will enable patrons to experience a Mediterranean-inspired, Okie rotisserie kitchen, creating a new food genre affectionately titled "midwesterranean."

A nonprofit development of the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, Mother Road Market will feature 320-square-foot shop models that allow entrepreneurs to test their latest concepts. It is scheduled to open late this summer at 11th Street and Lewis Avenue.

Owned by Allan Suzor with Nathan Lane, The Nest will focus on offering kitchen products and gift items. Customers will also be able to purchase Tulsa's favorite candles, poured just blocks away at its original location, The Nest on Cherry Street.

"We’re most excited to be at Mother Road Market for the food and a sense of community that comes with a development like this," Suzor said in a statement. "To watch businesses grow and thrive and be part of that on the ground floor will be amazing. We’re excited to be surrounded by great people like the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation and innovative programs like Kitchen 66."

Owned by Cherokee Nation members Seth Smith, the head chef, and his wife, Melissa, Radish promises a menu of mindfully sourced meats, wraps, sandwiches and healthy gourmet salads and sides. A former executive chef at Philbrook Museum of Art, Seth Smith trained at Le Cordon Bleu in London.

"We just love food and believe healthy, wholesome eating should be fresh, fun and delicious," he said in a statement. "We can’t wait to introduce Tulsa to our ‘midwesterranean’ menu, and Mother Road Market was the perfect place to launch this new concept."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/smallbusiness/mother-road-market-adds-a-pair-of-tenants/article_cc1b713b-36da-5fd1-9375-f547fe8173a9.html
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2018, 10:09:40 am »

It (Ediblend) joins previously announced tenants Andolini’s on the Mother Road, Bakeshop, Big Dipper Creamery, Bodhi’s Bowl, Metropolis, OKCookieMomster and The Wurst at the food hall. Ediblend will continue to operate its locations at Utica Square and 10115 S. Sheridan Road.

Looks like at least 8 of the up to 17 vendors are picked out. Good mix of options so far.

Now 10 of 17 chosen. This is sounding like it could grow into a legitimate "modern food court" which could have enough places with cult-followings to keep a steady stream of customers.

I was initially worried that it would be a bunch of shops with very limited appeal like a doggy treat bakery, specialty soda shop or salt-spice shop (all things I've seen go through Kitchen 66). It looks like it's going to be lots of good-sounding interesting novel food places with a few shops with (potentially) decent/varied inventory. Nest is great so I'd expect the kitchen-themed version to be done well also.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2018, 11:11:52 am »

From what I've heard the "market hall" is the first phase of an eventually larger future mixed-use residential and office development at 11th & Lewis.  Not sure how far along that is but that's the end goal.  That whole area right there has a ton of potential for redevelopment on both sides of the tracks west of Lewis.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2018, 11:55:54 am »

From what I've heard the "market hall" is the first phase of an eventually larger future mixed-use residential and office development at 11th & Lewis.  Not sure how far along that is but that's the end goal.  That whole area right there has a ton of potential for redevelopment on both sides of the tracks west of Lewis.

Is that why Taylor was attempting to place a farmers market there on Saturdays?
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 10:36:20 am »

That sounds great! I hope this goes well enough to help fund the future developments. I knew there was something planned across the street next to Renaissance but didn't know details. Originally it was going to be the Mother Road Market, but apparently construction costs forced them to use the existing building instead. It looks like they are already advertising leasing for the commercial space in the empty lots, so might not be too far down the road (pun intended).
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2018, 10:59:49 am »

That sounds great! I hope this goes well enough to help fund the future developments. I knew there was something planned across the street next to Renaissance but didn't know details. Originally it was going to be the Mother Road Market, but apparently construction costs forced them to use the existing building instead. It looks like they are already advertising leasing for the commercial space in the empty lots, so might not be too far down the road (pun intended).

I just hope they don't do pad sites but instead keep it an urban mixed-use development with retail fronting 11th and offices or apartments above, and maybe an interior courtyard for outdoor seating that connects to Mother Road Market.  Something like Backyard on Blake in Denver would work well here:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:01:56 am by SXSW » Logged

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2018, 01:44:14 pm »

I just hope they don't do pad sites but instead keep it an urban mixed-use development with retail fronting 11th and offices or apartments above, and maybe an interior courtyard for outdoor seating that connects to Mother Road Market.  Something like Backyard on Blake in Denver would work well here:

That looks great. I hope they incorporate that building on corner if it's the SW corner being developed. The blank/bulldozed lots are fronting Lewis between auto store and the brewery. I hope they can create some way for pedestrians to cross more safely to the market. Either a new pedestrian-only stoplight or preferably a bridge of some sort would be nice.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2018, 11:45:21 am »

Trenchers among new tenants announced at Mother Road Market

Three more Tulsa businesses have signed leases with Mother Road Market, a 27,000-square-foot food hall being built near the corner of 11th Street and Lewis Avenue.

They are Mythic Press, A New Leaf and Trenchers Delicatessen. Mother Road Market, which has announced 12 of its 17 tenants, is expected to be completed in August.

Mythic Press is an apparel and merchandise cart with Tulsa-themed and Route 66 merchandise. Owned by Cole Cunningham and Hershel Self, it began by focusing on corporate and event branding through screen printing, embroidery and promotional products at its main location just blocks from Mother Road Market.

"All of our items offered at Mother Road Market will be designed and produced locally at our shop just blocks down the street on Route 66," Cunningham said in a statement. "We’re really excited to be engaged and involved in our community through Mother Road Market and to be able to get that real-time feedback from customers on our products."

A New Leaf is a nonprofit organization that provides individuals with developmental disabilities life skills, marketable job training through horticultural therapy, community-based vocational placement and residential services to increase their independence. The additional retail space in MRM will offer items such as floral arrangements, produce and planters.

"We are very excited to allow our clients to have even more exposure to the community," Kevin Harper, director of marketing and business development, said in a statement. "The Mother Road Market is an amazing way for us to display the items our clients grow and create while educating the community about who we are."

Owned by Zach and Melinda Curren, Trenchers Delicatessen's second Tulsa venue will be called Trenchers Crustacean Station. It plans to serve year-round lobster rolls, chocolate-covered ice cream sandwiches and blackberry-flavored Clearly Canadian. Zach Curren brings a wealth of food industry experience to the table.

"The restaurant industry is the only job I've ever had, going back as early as high school," he said in a statement. "I worked for my dad for many years at T2, Local Table, Biga and Bodean, then started doing pastries for my wife at Shades of Brown. Later I was asked to design a menu for Chimera and ultimately opened Trenchers Delicatessen in 2013. I love to cook and want people to enjoy our food."

I'm not sure if anyone else cares but pretty exciting to me and many others in surrounding neighborhoods that this Mother Road Market is shaping up to be a really great collective with almost all tenants announced. And the August open date sounds pretty great.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2018, 11:45:45 am »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/retail/trenchers-among-new-tenants-announced-at-mother-road-market/article_18079e14-0ab3-5da6-bcd3-e80c45dde610.html
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2018, 01:10:27 pm »

When my wife and I travel, one of the best/most memorable experiences is going to the various food halls/mini-markets/food courts that are full of local vendors and local cuisine. In LA, there's Grand Central Market downtown and "The Original Farms Market" at the Grove. In NYC, there's Chelsea Market. Dallas has the Truck Yard and the Rustic. KC has the River Market. OKC is opening something like this by the Farmers Public Market (might already be open).

The article talks about the traveling aspect:

Milwaukee has a very nice Public Market place.  Some really good food!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2018, 03:03:22 pm »

Kitchen 66 to open a general store in Mother Road Market

Kitchen 66, Tulsa’s kickstart kitchen, will open a general store as part of its new commercial space inside the upcoming Mother Road Market, it was announced Tuesday.

A program of the Lobeck Taylor Family Foundation, Kitchen 66 also is partnering with Tulsa Farmers’ Market for a “farm stand” section within the general store.

Mother Road Market is a 27,000-square-foot food hall scheduled to open in August at 1124 S. Lewis Ave. Tuesday marked the grand opening of Kitchen 66’s new 2,800 square-foot commercial kitchen at that location.

The Kitchen 66 General Store, which also will open in August, will offer a curated mix of packaged products, swag items and household goods, integrating products made by Kitchen 66’s own entrepreneurs with products from other Oklahoma makers.

Kitchen 66 members Cooktime with Remmi, Okie Dough and Baby D’s Bee Sting, as well as Oklahoma-based Elevate Candles and Happenstance Coffee, will be among the contributors to the general store.

The Tulsa Farmers’ Market will operate the Farm Stand, providing locally grown, farm-to-table produce, meat and dairy.

Also announced Tuesday was the Beta Year Impact Report, authored by Natalie Deuschle, LTFF director of grants and impact.

It showed that from January 2016 to July 2017, Kitchen 66 added $164,160 in goods and services to the Tulsa area. It also indicated that 50 percent of beta year entrepreneurs were female, 47 percent were people of color and 16 percent were at or below the poverty line.

Since 2016, Kitchen 66 has offered affordable access to commercial kitchen space, business training programs and sales opportunities to food entrepreneurs.

Kitchen 66 will also operate an additional space in Mother Road Market for the Takeover Café. The model was made popular at the former Sun Building location. Kitchen 66 members can sign up to takeover the shop for breakfast or lunch and practice running the front and back of the house, gaining valuable customer feedback.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/kitchen-to-open-a-general-store-in-mother-road-market/article_7f470fc7-e9e0-541a-8285-b30c20253494.html

So that looks like 14 of 17 new tenants are now announced. Only 2 more months. I hope the road is completed by then. I also hope they add a pedestrian crosswalk with button-push cross-light so neighbors and those at the developments across the street can safely cross.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org