A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:45:40 am
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa County Sheriff Race  (Read 58163 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2016, 06:46:42 pm »

Don't expect much and you won't be as disappointed...

They were this way in 1934. 1956. 1965.  1973.  1982.  2000.  And all the years between - not much if anything has changed....I submit nothing has changed.

Just no getting away from it.
From the Mays Rooms Building thread:

What took place next I'll never forget. Although a brief encounter, it was also memorable. Exiting the room sans cash, I arrived at the car to a chorus of cheers. He did it! He did it! As we were leaving, that very woman walked out of the room and down to a parked car across the parking lot. It was only then we realized to our dismay that it was a Tulsa County Sheriff vehicle. She bent over and passed something to the occupant through the driver side window. We never called RIDESHY again!

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21266.msg306220

Who was sheriff when the department was getting its cut?

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2016, 03:31:23 pm »

Faulkner comes to mind.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2016, 03:21:18 pm »

So I'm guessing Terry Simonson remained in power?
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #108 on: May 28, 2016, 05:28:24 pm »

Man who "fell down a lot in jail" dumped to avoid medical bills.

While incarcerated, Fulps also picked up charges in two separate cases related to alleged crimes committed inside the jail. He was charged with two counts of assault and battery on a detention officer and malicious injury to property in one case, while in the other he also was charged with assault and battery on a detention officer...an affidavit states that Fulps on April 29 was handcuffed behind his back per policy as he was being led by a detention officer back to his cell in a segregation pod after a shower. Fulps began to struggle with the detention officer and lost his footing, falling backward down a set of stairs, according to the affidavit.

Regalado also noted that prosecutors dropped all charges against him to avoid the county bearing any financial obligations for his medical bills at this point.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/sheriff-s-office-medical-records-reveal-more-of-what-allegedly/article_ab33924b-27ac-56df-af3b-8b2474e10635.html

Chief Deputy Michelle Robinette addressed that concern by saying there’s only so much that can be done when an inmate is refusing treatment and there isn’t an X-ray machine present to discover fractures.

Well, there's this thing called a backboard...
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2016, 02:57:35 pm »

Well, looks like the new sheriff is just extending the old one's policies.

http://www.newson6.com/story/32187399/news-on-6-partner-sues-tulsa-county-sheriff-for-refusal-to-release-public-records

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2016, 03:53:44 pm »

Well, looks like the new sheriff is just extending the old one's policies.

No Gol'durn way!
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2016, 08:02:16 pm »

The Frontier mops the floor with KOTV.

“Jail surveillance video is not subject to open record requests per Oklahoma State Statutes”

https://www.readfrontier.com/heres-why-were-suing-the-sheriff-regalado/

What the Open Records Statutes say have gone back and forth, but it ultimately depends on what the most powerful unions want it to say.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2016, 07:12:55 pm »

This guy was just in Washington D.C. telling the president how a sheriff's department should be run.

The guy who bought his rank (and then the election) is the model cop.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 07:15:49 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org