A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:47:24 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa County Sheriff Race  (Read 58170 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2016, 10:35:46 pm »

I think I will ask each of the candidates what they are going to do about the gypsy paver scammers that come rolling into town from time to time.  A wave of them just showed up in OKC over the weekend and I am betting they are heading this way next!!   Watch your old family members - they will be very susceptible to this scam!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2016, 03:26:52 pm »

Tulsa County Sheriff's Officials said Deputy Toni Ivano was in his police uniform when he allegedly used a stolen credit card.

This is his second arrest in two years.
The 38-year-old was taken into custody Thursday afternoon. He was booked and released less than two hours later on bond.
Ivano was arrested back in September 2014 for DUI. He pleaded guilty and received a deferred sentence. The term for that sentence expired on March 18.
He was instructed to complete a drug and alcohol evaluation, pay $175 in lieu of 20 work hours and pay associated court costs, according to court records.

Why stop at dismantling and re-building the Deputy Reserves when the whole department obviously needs a top-to-bottom overhaul?

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2016, 06:41:20 pm »

When there are so many candidates and 99% of the voters have never heard of the candidates, the one who can purchase the most advertising generally wins.  I hope people are honing in on the shenanigans with Vic and will vote for Berry.

Guess who the Tulsa World endorses?

"We see no conclusive evidence on the donations, evidence pointing to him as the victim of a coercive system of promotion in the retirement stories and nothing to change our mind in his tough line on immigration."

When did immigration (a federal responsibility) become a top priority of a local sheriff from Oklahoma?

"His Democratic opponent, Rex Berry, is a nice man with a lot of good ideas. But we think he lacks the energy and focus to make a difference at the sheriff’s office when that is essential.
A former TPD corporal, Berry has a great deal of experience overseas, but much of that seems of dubious application. In the end, he has been away from the Tulsa crime scene for 17 years and out of law enforcement since 2012."

In other words, not in-the-loop of the corruption of those years, right?

The Tulsa World has a long history of backing the wrong horse.  This election is no exception.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/opinion/editorials/tulsa-world-editorial-vic-regalado-is-the-best-choice-for/article_4392c588-df35-5e24-b4f1-dee20b8a2a6d.html
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2016, 06:52:25 pm »

I was a long time employee and subscriber to the World, starting as a paper boy, then an advertising sales rep, fhen a member of its management and long depended on its fair minded editorial board, its helpful reporting and its relevance. Once the new owners came it lurched to the right and got frankly, quite stupid. Now, they are practically irrelevant in my life. Too bad. We need a smart newspaper with a large circulation to grow well. I hope their competitors are able to survive.

onward...through the fog
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #94 on: March 29, 2016, 09:42:22 pm »

A former Tulsa County sheriff candidate was suspended from Tulsa Police Reserve duties after he chased a suspect in his personal vehicle.

The department suspended John Fitzpatrick from reserve activities pending an internal affairs investigation into the March 26 incident, said Officer Jeanne MacKenzie, a TPD spokeswoman.
Fitzpatrick said he was in his personal vehicle, a soft-top Jeep, near 71st Street and Yale Avenue when he pulled behind a vehicle emitting a strong odor of marijuana.
He said he chased the vehicle onto a highway as well as some side roads waiting for an officer to stop the car, but eventually lost track of it.
MacKenzie did not release any information about the incident, though she said the department did not consider it a "pursuit" because Fitzpatrick's vehicle was not using lights and sirens.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2016, 07:53:45 am »

Apparently they never learn.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2016, 08:51:08 am »

Apparently they never learn.

What's to learn...they know, and have known forever, that they are 'entitled' and no adverse consequences will ensue.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #97 on: April 01, 2016, 06:47:36 pm »

What's to learn...they know, and have known forever, that they are 'entitled' and no adverse consequences will ensue.

Throw in some paranoid vitriol from the national police unions, and thats about it in a nutshell.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2016, 08:38:24 pm »

"I think the perception, because of recent incidents, and uh, deputies being in the news for...various...crimes that may have been committed, the perception is that there is a lack of trust but what I can tell you is that, uh, the general public still trusts...still believes in the Tulsa County Sheriff's office."  

"...So I think that there's that perception and how we combat that is, One: we get ahead of the media.
We've got to control what we let out and how its...  

...and I don't mean hiding it, but putting it out there whether its good or bad or indifferent we've got to put it out there and be transparent in the way we deal with the media."
  --  April 4, 2016 KRMG Sheriff's debate between Democrat Rex Berry and Republican Vic Regalado

From the video, Regalado seemed to express two opposing positions; the view he holds, the other for political consumption.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DNzhOuf7fGUGRqd2U0VndlOVE/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2016, 06:55:20 am »

So the problem with the Tulsa County Sheriff's office is that they "let out" that they are a corrupt and incompetent organization? If they stay ahead of the media and just don't let that out, they're good? As opposed to, I don't know, NOT BEING CORRUPT AND INCOMPETENT!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #100 on: April 08, 2016, 09:25:09 am »

"I think the perception, because of recent incidents, and uh, deputies being in the news for...various...crimes that may have been committed, the perception is that there is a lack of trust but what I can tell you is that, uh, the general public still trusts...still believes in the Tulsa County Sheriff's office."  

"...So I think that there's that perception and how we combat that is, One: we get ahead of the media.
We've got to control what we let out and how its...  

...and I don't mean hiding it, but putting it out there whether its good or bad or indifferent we've got to put it out there and be transparent in the way we deal with the media."
  --  April 4, 2016 KRMG Sheriff's debate between Democrat Rex Berry and Republican Vic Regalado

From the video, Regalado seemed to express two opposing positions; the view he holds, the other for political consumption.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5DNzhOuf7fGUGRqd2U0VndlOVE/

Don't expect much and you won't be as disappointed...

They were this way in 1934. 1956. 1965.  1973.  1982.  2000.  And all the years between - not much if anything has changed....I submit nothing has changed.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #101 on: April 08, 2016, 09:24:55 am »

I’m pretty sure “more of the same” was just elected.  Fortunately, it’s a very short term.  If Luke Sherman can’t topple him in the primary, let’s hope we get a very strong Democrat to run against him in the Nov. election.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #102 on: April 08, 2016, 10:42:17 am »

I’m pretty sure “more of the same” was just elected.  Fortunately, it’s a very short term.  If Luke Sherman can’t topple him in the primary, let’s hope we get a very strong Democrat to run against him in the Nov. election.

Republican Party leader warned primary losers not to campaign against Vic Regalado before April 5 vote

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/republican-party-leader-warned-primary-losers-not-to-campaign-against/article_361e31e4-c622-56ec-9e9d-788566d2b75e.html

An email from the leader of the local Republican Party to losers of the March 1 sheriff primary asked each former candidate to refrain from campaigning against Vic Regalado during the vacated term’s election cycle or risk damaging their relationship with the party.

A result of that email could be that a potentially strong primary challenger to Tulsa County Sheriff-elect Vic Regalado for the four-year term might not receive perks as a Republican Party member, such as “access to data” for primary campaigns.

The email dated March 16 came from Mike Ford, chairman of the Republican Party of Tulsa County. Former Republican sheriff candidate John Fitzpatrick provided the correspondence to the Tulsa World on Thursday afternoon, labeling it a “threat” against himself and the other candidates who came up short in the March 1 primary.

In a phone interview Thursday, Ford called his email “clear,” “professional” and “to the point” but not “threatening.”

Ford said Luke Sherman, who announced his candidacy Wednesday for the four-year term’s June primary, proceeded with campaigning despite the email. Whether Sherman is privy to party benefits is “open for discussion,” Ford said.

“He did cross that line,” Ford said.

Sherman said during a news conference a day before that he was being “chastised” and told not to “communicate with people that I’ve talked to in the past” but that he did “stand still” as asked.
“I’ll do that in respect for the Republican Party, which we did,” Sherman said. “But I don’t feel that was equal on both sides.”

The email in question acknowledges appreciation for those who ran as Republicans but that the organization’s responsibility is to support the party’s nominee. Other Republicans campaigning for the four-year term while the race unfolded for the special general election on April 5 to fill the vacated term of Stanley Glanz “confuses voters” and “dilutes and minimizes” the party’s influence, according to the email.

“I also want to communicate that any Republican who campaigns against our Republican nominee during this General Election cycle will be considered as a surrogate for the democrat opponent,” the email states. “Per State GOP Rules, such actions may sour their relationship with the Republican Party and make participants ineligible to serve on Republican committees in the future.

“This could also prevent their materials from being approved for display at the office, from their campaign’s participation in other Party activities, or access to data in future Primaries.”
Sherman said he considers the “Mike Ford stuff” to be somewhat of a personal issue to him.

“That was unacceptable what happened to our campaign during this one-month process in his professional or unprofessional behavior,” Sherman said.

Ford said candidates can’t expect membership privileges if they don’t accept the attached responsibilities. He said the Republican Party can’t have primary losers undermining the winner as the victor faces a Democratic opponent.

“You can’t expect to be involved with the Republican Party and be a candidate of the Republican Party and receive all the benefits but turn around and burn the house down whenever you don’t get your way,” Ford said.

Fitzpatrick and three other former candidates for the Republican nomination banded together to support Sherman. Those others are Tom Helm, Jason Jackson and Dan Miller.
Ford, when asked for his thoughts on Republicans lining up to run against a candidate who just handily won the primary and general elections, said the party remains neutral during primaries and then supports the nominees in the general elections.

“It’s not our job to defend incumbents or protect them,” Ford said.

Regalado on Tuesday captured 62 percent of the vote against Democrat Rex Berry and will be sworn in Monday as Tulsa County’s next sheriff. He will fulfill the final months of Glanz’s unfinished seventh term, which is to expire Dec. 31.

The candidate filing period to run for the four-year term begins April 13.

The primary is scheduled for June 28, with a runoff on Aug. 23, if necessary. The general election is Nov. 8.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #103 on: April 08, 2016, 01:36:05 pm »

Wow!  Look who the Republicontins picked to be their leader - a guy charged with two counts of domestic abuse, where the case just completely dead ends and falls off the face of the earth...  Bullying his fellow Republicontins.

Separate note - wonder if he is related to Charles Ford, the ex-Oklahoma Senator??  Not a son - I have met Chris and Roger - maybe a grandson??

davideinstein
« Reply #104 on: April 08, 2016, 04:13:23 pm »

Is Rex Berry running again? I thought he seemed very qualified after researching.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org