A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:54:59 am
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa County Sheriff Race  (Read 58953 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 12:02:46 pm »

The person who broke the story, Bates, never commented on the ethnicity of the donors. He focused on where they work, voter registration, and value of their homes. Things that make sense when correlating to alleged straw donations.

The Frontier Picked up the story and focused on those items, and on the criminal record of one donor, as well as the history of donations and timing thereof.

The Tulsa World ran articles echoing those items.

The Democratic Party filed a formal complaint raising the above issues and questioning straw donors, requesting an inquiry. Then held a press conference on the same.

Not once did any of those stories or the press conference ever mention the race, ethnicity, or national origin of the alleged straw donors. No one mentioned it until Vic did. What does the race of the alleged straw donors have to do with anything at all? Does the Tulsa County Democratic Party have a history of demanding investigations into straw donors far more often when the donors are Hispanic or some other such concern? Or did Vic just look at the names of the donors and assume "Mexican sounding" names must be Hispanic people who support him because his last name could be Hispanic (Italian?)?

I don't get it.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 12:35:12 pm »

It’s never even dawned on me this was a significant "historic event", a Hispanic possibly being elected TCSD sheriff. 

(quotes attributed to Regalado)

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 12:37:53 pm »

It’s never even dawned on me this was a significant "historic event", a Hispanic possibly being elected TCSD sheriff. 

Who knew that Regalado was Hispanic? I sure didn't.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 12:51:45 pm »

Was Regalado armed when he crashed the party?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »

Oh, it's racist not because who the alleged straw donors are, but because the candidate is Hispanic. Just like anyone who voted against Obama is racist, and anyone who votes against Hillary is sexist, and against Rubio is racist, and against Romney was anti-Mormon and against the Bern is an anti-semite.

Got ya'. Voting is so complicated.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2016, 02:24:03 pm »

Was Regalado armed when he crashed the party?

Between him working Special Investigations, Gang units, and the FOP's insistence that officers should be armed off-duty, I would guess yes.

I know nothing about his job performance, but his politics seems to be somewhere between Joe Arpaio and Milwaukee Sheriff David "War On Police" Clarke.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2016, 02:54:29 pm »

Oh, it's racist not because who the alleged straw donors are, but because the candidate is Hispanic. Just like anyone who voted against Obama is racist, and anyone who votes against Hillary is sexist, and against Rubio is racist, and against Romney was anti-Mormon and against the Bern is an anti-semite.

Got ya'. Voting is so complicated.

Damn it.  So far this season, I’m pro-Jew but I’m also a sexist.  So I guess if I were inclined to vote against Trump if he’s the GOP nominee that would make me anti-hairpiece, anti-snark, anti...Huh

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

So I guess if I were inclined to vote against Trump if he’s the GOP nominee that would make me anti-hairpiece, anti-snark, anti...Huh

It would make you correct
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2016, 03:33:37 pm »

A former candidate for Sheriff and current Sheriff's sergeant accused making TCSO look good:

The Tulsa County Sheriff's Office is looking into allegations a sergeant drunkenly broke a betting machine at Expo Square four days after he was defeated in the Republican primary race for sheriff.
Former sheriff candidate and TCSO Sgt. Randy Pierce is accused in an incident report of hitting a self-service betting machine at the Fair Meadows Simulcast on Saturday evening, causing it to break. The report, which was filed by Tulsa police a few hours after the incident, further alleges Pierce was "extremely intoxicated" and left before officers could arrive.
A Fair Meadows employee told police Pierce arrived at the facility about 3 p.m. and appeared to be "extremely intoxicated," the report states. The employee said a customer told her that Pierce had "hit the machine and broke it." She said she saw Pierce hit the machine twice and reach inside to grab a voucher.
According to the report, the employee told him "you can't reach inside my machines," and he responded that he was just trying to get his stuff. He began yelling at her, the report states, and the employee walked away to get security. Pierce then apparently left the facility.
Fair Meadows security told police that Pierce was a regular at the facility and often "arrives intoxicated and becomes even more intoxicated while on premises." The incident report indicates Pierce has been banned from the facility.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/local/police-report-tcso-sergeant-extremely-intoxicated-at-fair-meadows-accused/article_bb67c8e7-8e08-52ca-b46d-5c814a9d6ada.html
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2016, 03:58:59 pm »

Please permit me to say, in a slow, low voice..."wow"
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:06 pm »

What is it with drunken mis-behaving TCSD employees at Expo Square?

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »

Nothing good happens at 3pm, or something like that.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2016, 06:00:52 pm »

Not the same as the officer who dove headfirst into a slot machine?
http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepagelatest/officer-injured-during-arrest-of-pursuit-suspect-at-tulsa-osage/article_c9b5d233-2edf-52ad-be72-dce96cbe8443.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2016, 06:01:48 pm »

It's a county island so it's their safe space from the mean people of the city.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 05:44:14 pm »

A review by The Frontier found that at least five deputies in the last five months have faced internal investigation following incidents that have embarrassed the sheriff's office.

“It’s difficult and frustrating and we have enough going on and now our own guys are causing issues,” acting sheriff Michelle Robinette said. “I don’t know what the cause of it is, is it because everyone has a sharp eye on us?"

https://www.readfrontier.com/spotlight/tcso-sergeant-under-internal-review-is-fifth-in-last-two-months

Surely she isnt implying its the media's fault for bringing attention to all this routine behavior.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org