A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:58 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doe's Eat Place  (Read 17495 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 01:09:57 pm »

I went there once (I'll guess 11 years ago) with a group of friends and had a great experience.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »

I think there's a plan for a new concept restaurant in this location.  

Sadly, they are going to "modernize" the facade and create another stark, white, modern frontage a la Brookside.  Gone will be the patio space, and I'm guessing the trees.  Too bad, because they could really play up the patio space in front and really UTILIZE it as an asset.

Instead I heard there's going to be a giant 2-3 story glass wall highlighting a stairway or something, and the facade painted white.  Sigh. (Why?)

I'm totally for modern architecture... when building new buildings.  I just like restoring historic buildings when possible.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 02:36:11 pm by PonderInc » Logged
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »

Gone will be the patio space, and I'm guessing the trees.  

That's a shame.  It was the only good thing about that place.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 07:42:41 am »

Taking patio space away is just dumb. When the weather is nice the first question is always, "what patio is not packed?"

AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 08:40:20 am »

What is going into that space? Whoever they are, if they think eliminating the patio is a good idea, I have little hope for their business in general. So dumb.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2016, 09:52:18 am »

Taking away patio is not a good move most of the time....Not to mention the fact there is plenty of room in that space to make it work with removing taking out the patio....But some have to learn the hard way....

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org