A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:19:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vision 2025 Extension - Package Details  (Read 187907 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2016, 12:20:14 pm »

Vision Presentation:

https://gilcrease.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Vision-Presentation_final4.pdf
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #241 on: February 04, 2016, 12:44:29 pm »

I had no idea it was that big a project. Gilcrease really needs it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #242 on: February 04, 2016, 02:33:39 pm »

Who knew Gilcrease sits on 460 acres?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #243 on: February 04, 2016, 02:56:40 pm »

Hopefully all those windows will have UV protection... or we're going to have a large collection of sun-faded art!
AdamsHall
Civic Leader

« Reply #244 on: February 04, 2016, 07:03:05 pm »

Old and Busted versus New Hotness....

I recognize that one.
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2016, 08:08:45 pm »

If anyone wants to watch the painful sausage being made... You can watch the whole debate on TGov. (Doesn't work on all browsers, but does work on Internet Explorer.)

Here's my very incomplete summary of what happened at the meeting with timestamps if you want to view online.  I didn't capture everything everyone said.  The notes below reflect my bias and interests.  

Here’s the first half:

2h:39:45 – Bartlett – talks about the little meetings that went on all day with some of the councilors.  “We can’t have everyone in the same room at the same time because of open meeting laws.” (Uh… there may be a reason for that…)

not sure if this has recieved the heat that it should but Dear LORD.  What a scum bag.  Here is the exact quote.

"we obviously cannot have all you in the same room at the same time because of open meeting laws".

Having moved here from OKC less than two years ago I never expected my mayor to actively & openly admit to dodging public accountability, especially when it comes to something as important as this vote.  It is becoming clear to me though how lucky OKC is to have Cornett and just how much Dewey is holding Tulsa back.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »

I recognize that one.

Was hoping someone would pick up on that.  It was buried pretty deep at the end of that post....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #247 on: February 04, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »

The final package includes $57,000,000 for transit, which will fund the Peoria BRT, Route 66 (11th St) BRT, Councilor Ewing's Center of the Universe transit hub in downtown, and the downtown/midtown circulator. It will also increase frequency on existing routes by 50%, extend evening service, improve Saturday service and introduce Sunday service for the first time in Tulsa Transit's history. It's a huge watershed moment for transit in Tulsa. It's the proposal most likely to truly transform Tulsa, from the way we get around, access to jobs, and the way our city is built. It also creates new opportunities for revitalization and infill development in neighborhoods near the new BRT lines.

do we have renderings or any idea about how "rapid" this system will be?  Curious as to if the buses will have the right of way, their own segregated lane, etc.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #248 on: February 04, 2016, 08:53:41 pm »

do we have renderings or any idea about how "rapid" this system will be?  Curious as to if the buses will have the right of way, their own segregated lane, etc.

“segregation” and “buses” in the same sentence is sort of a touchy subject.... Grin

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sooneralum2012
Citizen

« Reply #249 on: February 04, 2016, 09:07:46 pm »

“segregation” and “buses” in the same sentence is sort of a touchy subject.... Grin

ha...SEPERATED. lets use that word.

But this is what im talking about

Ideal:

More realistic:

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #250 on: February 04, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »

Was hoping someone would pick up on that.  It was buried pretty deep at the end of that post....

I recognized it too.  If the youtube embed function wasn't disabled, I was going to post the relevant scene.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #251 on: February 05, 2016, 09:58:55 am »

I think it just means more frequent service and buses dedicated to those streets.  Traffic on 11th and on Peoria isn't bad enough, in my opinion, to need a separate lane for the bus to improve efficiency.  If they just operate more often it'll be a huge deal because a main reason many (including myself) don't use the bus is the long wait time between service.  Much faster to just use the car.
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #252 on: February 05, 2016, 10:10:55 am »

Bus Rapid Transit details. Not sure if this flyer is out of date, but it lists details, including:

15 minute frequency during peak hours
New stations with real-time arrival screens
Traffic signal priority to allow the bus to remain on schedule

http://tulsatransit.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TulsaBRTFactSheet.pdf
dsjeffries
City Father

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2016, 10:34:49 am »

Here is a map displaying both BRT lines. The Peoria BRT will not have its own dedicated lanes, but 11th Street is probably wide enough to accommodate that. They will have stops every half-mile, and control the traffic lights as they approach them. I'm really, really excited about this. Within one-half mile of these two BRT routes, there are 72,000 jobs and 86,000 residents. 3,758 households along the routes have no vehicle. 46.6% of households served by the BRT routes only have one vehicle available. That's 17,000 households that will suddenly have access to rapid, reliable transportation. This is huge.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:46:36 am by dsjeffries » Logged

Change never happened because people were happy with the status quo.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #254 on: February 05, 2016, 03:52:42 pm »

Here is a map displaying both BRT lines. The Peoria BRT will not have its own dedicated lanes, but 11th Street is probably wide enough to accommodate that. They will have stops every half-mile, and control the traffic lights as they approach them. I'm really, really excited about this. Within one-half mile of these two BRT routes, there are 72,000 jobs and 86,000 residents. 3,758 households along the routes have no vehicle. 46.6% of households served by the BRT routes only have one vehicle available. That's 17,000 households that will suddenly have access to rapid, reliable transportation. This is huge.

That looks and sounds great! I would definitely take the bus from time to time if I could rely on it being quicker and in shorter intervals. It would be nice for the walkability of any places along those routes and would definitely put them a shoe-up on suburbs, especially for anyone wanting to be in an urban area and for those who can't or don't want to drive.

Also, I can't wait to see the bus stop-light showdowns that are bound to occur at 11th and Peoria! Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org