A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:05:11 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Shooting Featured on National TV Show  (Read 6753 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« on: December 16, 2015, 06:47:48 pm »

Thursday, 12/17/15, 2pm Central on My41 Tulsa 

Stoned security guard paralyzes man in stand-your-ground shooting
http://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/12/14/stoned-security-guard-paralyzes-man-in-stand-your-ground-shooting/

The controversial story of Monroe Bird: The talented 21-year-old was shot and paralyzed, but the shooter remains a free man.

The security guard who pulled the trigger is claiming self-defense. When police question the guard, they find pot in his possession. Tests reveal he was under the influence of marijuana.

Bird was shot and paralyzed in the parking lot of an apartment complex. The guard who pulled the trigger said Bird tried to run him over with his car.

Whatever happened that night, it's setting the stage for another major test of the "Stand-Your-Ground" law.

In a brand-new interview with Crime Watch Daily, the attorney for Bird's family says the details from that night just don't add up.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 08:01:37 am »

We can add to the list of local shootings making national news:

- Deputy Bates "oops that wasn't a taser"

- Execution of the 4 women near 61st and Peoria

- Tulsa Police Officer murdering his daughters boyfriend

and today...

- some wacko driving down I-40 shooting other vehicles.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 08:51:51 am »

We can add to the list of local shootings making national news:

- Deputy Bates "oops that wasn't a taser"

- Execution of the 4 women near 61st and Peoria

- Tulsa Police Officer murdering his daughters boyfriend

and today...

- some wacko driving down I-40 shooting other vehicles.

If you consider local western Oklahoma.  I'm not big on KOTV running big stories out of the OKC metro.  I understand they are both owned by Griffin, but very few items in the OKC metro can I think of affecting my daily life aside from what goes on in the domed house.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 11:08:25 am »

If you consider local western Oklahoma.  I'm not big on KOTV running big stories out of the OKC metro.  I understand they are both owned by Griffin, but very few items in the OKC metro can I think of affecting my daily life aside from what goes on in the domed house.

That's fair. It is not "local."

But as far as my friends in other parts of the country are concerned, let alone internationally, Oklahoma is Oklahoma. With only 3.5mil people its sad how often our shootings make national news.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 11:42:43 am »

KOTV is just a Tulsa bureau of an Oklahoma City station that has more toys.  OTOH, My41 isnt even programmed into my TiVo...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 12:35:41 pm »

That's fair. It is not "local."

But as far as my friends in other parts of the country are concerned, let alone internationally, Oklahoma is Oklahoma. With only 3.5mil people its sad how often our shootings make national news.

Not only is it "Oklahoma is Oklahoma", We all get grouped into the nutcase homophobe, Islamaphobe, racist crazies along with them.  "What's wrong with you guys?"

Then you answer "It's not all of us."  And they respond with "Maybe not all of you but most of you."

Why do we keep losing people and companies?  Not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org