A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:34 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holiday Parking - Counting peak demand  (Read 41406 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »

The space where office depot is now. It used to be a small strip center with a men's store, globe or exodus iirc. And some other little retail spots. Next to Delman was a women's lingerie store we always chuckled about.

That is where Massad’s was originally, wasn’t it?  He moved further east on 15th after that was demolished.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2016, 08:07:29 am »

Yes that's it. And the cutting edge men's store was Exodus. Wild stuff. All pretty much walk up stores and not much parking. 15 th street was very pedestrian friendly.

onward...through the fog
davideinstein
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2016, 04:09:19 pm »

I have also observed that that our parks have the largest shortage of parking spaces
Turkey Mtn, Riverparks, Woodward...

Lack of connected biking infrastructure causes this in my opinion.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 08:10:39 am »

To some extent, I agree. I live ~3 miles from the river and can easily get there via "share the road" routes. If I couldn't, I would be far more likely to drive. That could be improved from some parts of the city.

But like everywhere else, the parks shouldn't be designed with parking for "peak demand." 95% of the time there is plenty of parking (go look right now!). But on weekends when it is 80F and sunny, it will be packed no matter how much parking you put in. And that's OK. Park a block away and walk. Consider biking or walking to the park.  Park at another section of the park and walk a mile down the path.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org