A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:29 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KJRH news On-Air talent turn over  (Read 6688 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: December 15, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »

The best thing about KJRH is you don't get a chance to be tired of their on-air folks.

Anyone have any idea what happened over there to drive off so many people so quickly?

Is it Scripps?  Is it Tulsa?  Was there a drug bust in the building?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

Is Brett Anthony still there? Haven't watched channel 2 really since he started. Not my cup of tea. Like Jar Jar Binks.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

Is Brett Anthony still there? Haven't watched channel 2 really since he started. Not my cup of tea. Like Jar Jar Binks.

He's the night time weather guy I think.  Don't watch it in the PM.

He's got that "2000 foot distance from parks" kind of perviness going on.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 05:53:17 pm »

He's the night time weather guy I think.  Don't watch it in the PM.

He's got that "2000 foot distance from parks" kind of perviness going on.

Brett is the Chief Meteorlogist.  Was an on air meteo (not chief) at the Scripps station in KC (KSHB41).

I think it's Scripps.  One of the guys there (George Flickinger) was being groomed to be CM, but he left about a year after the Threlkeld brouhaha to be CM in Virginia.  Good move for him.

I've heard Scripps is no fun to work for.  One of the media people where I work now worked as a producer for them and said as much.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:54:48 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 06:10:04 pm »

Brett is the Chief Meteorlogist.  Was an on air meteo (not chief) at the Scripps station in KC (KSHB41).

I think it's Scripps.  One of the guys there (George Flickinger) was being groomed to be CM, but he left about a year after the Threlkeld brouhaha to be CM in Virginia.  Good move for him.

I've heard Scripps is no fun to work for.  One of the media people where I work now worked as a producer for them and said as much.

Must not have been an isolated incident, I’ve got a friend who used to be a producer at 2 with the same opinion as well.

Russ McCaskey lasted a very long time there though.  I got the idea he had a better offer in a larger market was why he left.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »

Must not have been an isolated incident, I’ve got a friend who used to be a producer at 2 with the same opinion as well.

Russ McCaskey lasted a very long time there though.  I got the idea he had a better offer in a larger market was why he left.

Not just that.  North Texas is Russ's home.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 07:44:30 pm »

What's amazing, however, is how a lot of the turnover winds up being upward moves into larger Scripps markets.  Breanne Palmerini is one example (to WXYZ in Detroit).  There are others.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 11:08:00 pm »

What's amazing, however, is how a lot of the turnover winds up being upward moves into larger Scripps markets.  Breanne Palmerini is one example (to WXYZ in Detroit).  There are others.

Tulsa is the farm club for on-air news personalities....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 09:51:00 am »

Tulsa is the farm club for on-air news personalities....

That's true of any smaller market. If the station gets or develops solid talent, they get poached.

But it isn't uncommon for them to find one or two who decide to stay for a variety of reasons. It also isn't uncommon for their to be sone lag between turnarounds.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org