A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:24:42 am
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa Mayoral Race  (Read 49634 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2016, 08:04:32 am »

Total turnouts for the county vote was about 15% and for the city was 29% I think I heard.

And likely those people in the 71% who didn’t vote are the ones who grumble the loudest about how bad our city government sucks.

Those are Tulsa World commenters
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #91 on: June 30, 2016, 09:10:07 am »

"What matters is that a mere 14% of registered voters under the age of 40, actually voted. And that is an increase from the average of 10%."

Where did you get this data from? Would love to see the turnout by age compared to the 2013 Mayoral race.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2016, 10:29:12 am »

Channel eight this morning...or possibly Fox23. I probably shouldn't quote either of them since they didn't attribute a source. Oh, wait...I think they were interviewing a TYPRO's person. I would like to see an age and geographic breakdown too.

onward...through the fog
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2016, 11:14:42 am »

This is the first time in a while I've felt a little hope from a local election.

I could give a rat's donkey about his need for water in the river but at least Bynum seems to have something in the works.

Dewey's administration was consistently something to shake your head about.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #94 on: June 30, 2016, 11:36:24 am »

Dewby made the comment in his concession speech the other night about still having plenty of work to do.  I wanted to call his smoking cell phone and say:  “Please!!! Don’t do anything else!!!”

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #95 on: June 30, 2016, 11:40:05 am »

Dewby made the comment in his concession speech the other night about still having plenty of work to do.  I wanted to call his smoking cell phone and say:  “Please!!! Don’t do anything else!!!”

He said that crazy smile again when interviewed by a local...he needs to just leave it the hell alone. 

He stated he didn't know why Tulsa chose Bynum...dammit dude...it's because you're doing more damage than good.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #96 on: June 30, 2016, 12:51:19 pm »

He said that crazy smile again when interviewed by a local...he needs to just leave it the hell alone. 

He stated he didn't know why Tulsa chose Bynum...dammit dude...it's because you're doing more damage than good.

Apparently Inhofe is also confused about the nature of the non-partisan election.  He was quoted as saying Bynum being elected shows how well the Democratic Party is doing in Tulsa these days.  Shocked

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #97 on: June 30, 2016, 01:03:33 pm »

Apparently Inhofe is also confused about the nature of the non-partisan election.  He was quoted as saying Bynum being elected shows how well the Democratic Party is doing in Tulsa these days.  Shocked

Yeah....well just about anyone with two or more functioning brain cells knows what Inhofe is....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #98 on: June 30, 2016, 01:32:27 pm »

Yeah....well just about anyone with two or more functioning brain cells knows what Inhofe is....

A doosh?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #99 on: June 30, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »

A doosh?

In addition to....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org