A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:43:07 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa Mayoral Race  (Read 49630 times)
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2016, 01:09:24 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/32301608/five-former-tulsa-mayors-announce-their-endorsement-for-gt-bynum

Former Mayors Susan Savage, Kathy Taylor, Terry Young, Dick Crawford and Robert LaFortune all are behind Bynum.

Mayor Bartlett's (...) endorsements include former mayor and current U.S. Senator Jim Inhofe

Jim Inhofe endorsing someone is reason enough for me to vote for the other candidate.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2016, 01:14:27 pm »

http://www.newson6.com/story/32301608/five-former-tulsa-mayors-announce-their-endorsement-for-gt-bynum

Jim Inhofe endorsing someone is reason enough for me to vote for the other candidate.

Snow balls and exploding cell phones ticket.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2016, 03:26:11 pm »

I apparently cancelled out Sen. Inhofe’s vote.  He was arriving at the Election Board office just as I was leaving this afternoon.

I think I will do the early vote from now on, it’s far quicker than hitting rush hour at my polling place.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2016, 01:20:16 pm »

The Tulsa World Newspaper supports Dewey. I became sour on Dewey shortly in his 1st term, the trash system change and those big trash cans, Dewey never cut any taxes, the road construction under Dewey is a mess you can't drive mid-town without construction going on and bottled necked traffic, today with Riverside Drive closed it's even worse. Dewey made a big fuss about not wanting to build a sidewalk on Riverside Dr. He thought people could just cross the street and walk on the Riverside jogging trails instead, made no sense to me. Dewey seems to be a big globe trotter  he went overseas many times and that did nothing for Tulsa. IMO he just pretends to be a conservative, if he was a republican he'd be called a "RINO". It's time for Dewey to go after two terms anyhow. We have nothing to lose with GT he can't be much worse. Dewey did not earn a 3rd term so why reward him with one? He was a big disappointment to me.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2016, 02:07:52 pm »

The Tulsa World Newspaper supports Dewey. I became sour on Dewey shortly in his 1st term, the trash system change and those big trash cans, Dewey never cut any taxes, the road construction under Dewey is a mess you can't drive mid-town without construction going on and bottled necked traffic, today with Riverside Drive closed it's even worse. Dewey made a big fuss about not wanting to build a sidewalk on Riverside Dr. He thought people could just cross the street and walk on the Riverside jogging trails instead, made no sense to me. Dewey seems to be a big globe trotter  he went overseas many times and that did nothing for Tulsa. IMO he just pretends to be a conservative, if he was a republican he'd be called a "RINO". It's time for Dewey to go after two terms anyhow. We have nothing to lose with GT he can't be much worse. Dewey did not earn a 3rd term so why reward him with one? He was a big disappointment to me.

Your stupidity really knows no boundaries.

I'm not a supporter of Dooey by any means, however, your reasoning is horrible.

1st, the trash system change was approved in the previous mayor's run.  Most large cities do their trash this way now.  I like it and my bill is less than it was before.  Plus, the trucks now don't look like death traps and smell of a dumpster.

2nd, the road construction NEEDS to be done.  It sucks that we're doing it all at once, but that's a result of the City ignoring its infrastructure for at least 40 years.  We consistently rank at the bottom in driveable roads.  I get sick of dodging potholes.  Memorial between 11th and Admiral is glass smooth now that they've redone it.  Same with I-244.  If you don't like the construction, then choose alternate routes.  There's this thing called Google Maps now...

3rd..mayors races are no longer partisan.  R & D doesn't matter to me on the local level.  I like GT mainly because he's closer to my age and I've heard what he has to say about moving this city forward.  Unlike people like you, who would rather see this city (and nation, for that matter) stay in the 1960s.

The Riverside construction is for a better cause.  The Gathering Place is going to add appeal to the city that wasn't there before.

If you are so incensed with this city, then leave...oh, wait...never mind.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2016, 11:16:47 am »

Your stupidity really knows no boundaries.

I'm not a supporter of Dooey by any means, however, your reasoning is horrible.

1st, the trash system change was approved in the previous mayor's run.  Most large cities do their trash this way now.  I like it and my bill is less than it was before.  Plus, the trucks now don't look like death traps and smell of a dumpster.

2nd, the road construction NEEDS to be done.  It sucks that we're doing it all at once, but that's a result of the City ignoring its infrastructure for at least 40 years.  We consistently rank at the bottom in driveable roads.  I get sick of dodging potholes.  Memorial between 11th and Admiral is glass smooth now that they've redone it.  Same with I-244.  If you don't like the construction, then choose alternate routes.  There's this thing called Google Maps now...

3rd..mayors races are no longer partisan.  R & D doesn't matter to me on the local level.  I like GT mainly because he's closer to my age and I've heard what he has to say about moving this city forward.  Unlike people like you, who would rather see this city (and nation, for that matter) stay in the 1960s.

The Riverside construction is for a better cause.  The Gathering Place is going to add appeal to the city that wasn't there before.

If you are so incensed with this city, then leave...oh, wait...never mind.

Shhhhh...!!!   He is talking about voting for GT !!  Maybe that will encourage some of the others like him!!   Don't send him back to his alternate reality place until AFTER the election!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
davideinstein
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2016, 04:11:34 pm »

Posted this on Facebook regarding my vote:

GT Bynum directly called me on Election Day to my surprise. I asked him questions about the city funding public education, more bike lanes in town and funding a soccer stadium. While he hasn't been involved in the soccer stadium issue, he said he'd like to be and understands there is a desire for one. On public education he said he would like to start pushing for local funding of city schools to help with the state education crisis so schools such as TPS can compete. He said he's very much in favor of bike lanes and that they will be a part of a proposed "complete" streets package from now on. I was going to give a protest vote today but was so impressed by both the phone call and answers that I'll be giving my vote to GT Bynum today. If you haven't voted, go and do it! Local politics matter the most.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »

Posted this on Facebook regarding my vote:

GT Bynum directly called me on Election Day to my surprise. I asked him questions about the city funding public education, more bike lanes in town and funding a soccer stadium. While he hasn't been involved in the soccer stadium issue, he said he'd like to be and understands there is a desire for one. On public education he said he would like to start pushing for local funding of city schools to help with the state education crisis so schools such as TPS can compete. He said he's very much in favor of bike lanes and that they will be a part of a proposed "complete" streets package from now on. I was going to give a protest vote today but was so impressed by both the phone call and answers that I'll be giving my vote to GT Bynum today. If you haven't voted, go and do it! Local politics matter the most.

Glad I didn’t rip into you too hard about voting for Tay on another reply I just wrote.  Wink

GT is a good guy.  He would be a great mayor.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2016, 07:43:26 pm »

KRMG is calling the election for Bynum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2016, 08:11:35 pm »

Ahem, WILL be a great mayor.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2016, 08:43:28 pm »

Ahem, WILL be a great mayor.

Glad to see this..was wondering if either candidate was going to make light during concession/victory speeches about the confusion regarding non-partisan mayoral races and some of the electorate not getting the white sheet ballot.  

GT doesn't sound like a Republican.  He sounds like a citizen who wants to see this city move forward.  I was impressed every time I saw him and his campaign commercials always impressed me.  Points awarded for not going negative (would have been SO easy with Dooey).  Wish they'd make the Sheriff's race non-partisan also.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 08:22:01 am »

Glad to see this..was wondering if either candidate was going to make light during concession/victory speeches about the confusion regarding non-partisan mayoral races and some of the electorate not getting the white sheet ballot.  

GT doesn't sound like a Republican.  He sounds like a citizen who wants to see this city move forward.  I was impressed every time I saw him and his campaign commercials always impressed me.  Points awarded for not going negative (would have been SO easy with Dooey).  Wish they'd make the Sheriff's race non-partisan also.

Agreed. I would take it a step further though and make all elections non partisan. Yeah, I know that is crazy talk, but I honestly think we would be better off on all levels of government if the R, D, L, I, etc...after a candidates name didn't matter.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 08:39:06 am »

And replaced with "conservative", "liberal", "libertarian", "progressive", "anti-immigration", "lobbyist", etc? Politicians live by labels as they are an easy distillation of complex issues that the worker bees can process. You can change it to non-partisan but we all know a liberal when we hear them make complete sentences after thoughtful deliberation.

onward...through the fog
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 09:08:16 am »

And replaced with "conservative", "liberal", "libertarian", "progressive", "anti-immigration", "lobbyist", etc? Politicians live by labels as they are an easy distillation of complex issues that the worker bees can process. You can change it to non-partisan but we all know a liberal when we hear them make complete sentences after thoughtful deliberation.

I thought you could tell a liberal by drool coming out both corners of their mouth instead of one.  Grin

Many of my progressive friends came out in support of GT and it was neat seeing Karen Keith, a Democrat in an elected county position support him as well.  I totally dig the non-partisan aspect of this election.  

I’m curious what hurt hapless Dewby the most in the election in the psyche of voters:

1) Two terms is enough
2) Poorly handled issues like: Turkey Mountain, Helmerich Park, and the blatant lying on the sidewalk along Riverside
3) Last link to Tulsa’s GOB politicians
4) Nasty campaign ads

Opinions, esteemed TNF postees?

I, for one, will be really glad to see bureaucrats like Clay Bird on the outside looking in.  We need an economic development director who has some economic sophistication and who will seek out new employers who offer career jobs, not spend time trying to lure more retail sprawl with costly taxpayer funded incentives.  He also clearly backed the wrong outlet mall project and got snookered by Simon.  Anyone else notice Simon still isn’t turning dirt down in Jenks?  Smart money says they won’t.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 09:34:34 am »

I totally dig the non-partisan aspect of this election.

Agree!
I’m curious what hurt hapless Dewby the most in the election in the psyche of voters:

1) Two terms is enough
2) Poorly handled issues like: Turkey Mountain, Helmerich Park, and the blatant lying on the sidewalk along Riverside
3) Last link to Tulsa’s GOB politicians
4) Nasty campaign ads

Opinions, esteemed TNF postees?

As a moderate who has never voted for Mr. Bartlett, all those points are why I voted for Mr. Bynum. From those I talked to seems 1 & 4 where the biggest issues for most. 

Bartlett's mailers were revolting and never stopped, bet the local postal service made a tidy profit this quarter. Not received so much mail in my life haha.

Thank you,
Robert Town
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org