A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:47:52 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa Mayoral Race  (Read 49610 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 09:46:23 am »

So where are all of the candidates? Why is it a race between two people?

Where are all the desk jockeys who complain in the Tulsa World about our crappy leadership?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
johrasephoenix
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 05:14:20 pm »

Any polling or word on the street if GT can pull this off?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 08:05:56 pm »

Looks like Paul Tay is mad as hell....wow.

https://vimeo.com/169029622

Edit:  At least he wasn't dressed as a "prophylactic".
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:07:40 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 08:21:59 pm »

Here's what aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=dfuJ3sf4I-M

+1 for Bynum's expression

My new line:  "Come on Matt Damon.  Get me outta here."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:24:45 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 10:08:32 am »

Ewing also pointed out on the Facebook that Bartlett thought Tulsa was getting the Betamax HQ, instead of the BMW headquarters.

That's almost as funny as Ewing (or is it Cannon Fodder?) thinking Tulsa was getting the BMW headquarters, instead of the BMX headquarters.   Wink

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2016, 12:43:46 pm »

That's almost as funny as Ewing (or is it Cannon Fodder?) thinking Tulsa was getting the BMW headquarters, instead of the BMX headquarters.   Wink

Well played. Ewing had the right of it, I had a typo.  I mean...

I'm excited by the BMX headquarters that is actually coming, but the BMW HQ would be a much bigger deal. I think big.  Grin

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2016, 02:19:44 pm »

but the BMW HQ would be a much bigger deal. I think big.  Grin

Great paying jobs and more Germans in town for Oktoberfest!

PROSIT!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2016, 09:13:37 pm »

I'm voting Tay.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2016, 10:34:51 pm »

I'm voting Tay.

Why?

What if Tay and other fringers managed to suck up enough votes in the primary that Dewby ended up winning in June, rather than forcing the run off with Bynum in November?

Tay is an unhinged tool with no rational ideas.  He’s combative and confrontational, that is all he understands.  You think Tulsa is lacking now, how on earth could you justify a candidate like him ever being a mayor or councilor?

rebound
City Father

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 08:56:15 am »

...an unhinged tool with no rational ideas.  He’s combative and confrontational, that is all he understands...

Had to double check,  for a second there I thought you got Tay confused with Trump...  (I guess the appeal is about the same for some folks.)

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 09:02:36 am »

Had to double check,  for a second there I thought you got Tay confused with Trump...  (I guess the appeal is about the same for some folks.)

Interchangeable, but Trump does seem to be more lucid than Tay...most of the time.

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »

Why?

What if Tay and other fringers managed to suck up enough votes in the primary that Dewby ended up winning in June, rather than forcing the run off with Bynum in November?

Tay is an unhinged tool with no rational ideas.  He’s combative and confrontational, that is all he understands.  You think Tulsa is lacking now, how on earth could you justify a candidate like him ever being a mayor or councilor?

Look at Tays hat...hes running for Sheriff.  The mayors race is still between Doobie and the FOP's lap dog.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2016, 01:50:34 pm »

Look at Tays hat...hes running for Sheriff.  The mayors race is still between Doobie and the FOP's lap dog.

And if GT wins, the FOP will support his opponent when he runs for re-election.  They never seem to support the incumbent.

davideinstein
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2016, 03:40:36 pm »

Why?

Protest the establishment in office. I'm sick of it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »

Protest the establishment in office. I'm sick of it.

Makes as much sense as staying home and not voting to protest the establishment.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org