A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:50:29 am
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2016 Tulsa Mayoral Race  (Read 50149 times)
davideinstein
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »

Makes as much sense as staying home and not voting to protest the establishment.

You just show up because it's your civic duty. Is what it is.
DowntownDan
City Father

« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2016, 03:05:09 pm »

Will there be any more polling done before the 28th?  Can GT pull this off despite Dewey's negative ads?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »

Can GT pull this off despite Dewey's negative ads?

I'm hopeful but I have no faith in the electorate.
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 09:24:43 am »

I'm rooting for GT! it's time for Dewy to go, he's no conservative and he served 2 terms re-electing the same guy over & over is part of the problem, Dewy seems a bit dim. IMO it's time for a change someone new. Dewy did not really earn a 2nd term but we had no choice back then with Kathy it was a matter of the lessor of two evils. Time to go Dewy!

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 09:58:47 am »

I'm rooting for GT! it's time for Dewy to go, he's no conservative and he served 2 terms re-electing the same guy over & over is part of the problem, Dewy seems a bit dim. IMO it's time for a change someone new. Dewy did not really earn a 2nd term but we had no choice back then with Kathy it was a matter of the lessor of two evils. Time to go Dewy!

wait...... what?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 10:34:56 am »

wait...... what?

Yeah....kinda funny, ain't it?  There is none so pious as a repentant sinner.....

Or the new motivation for him and the whole Doobie, Failin', Inhofe Clown Show is to get some Dems in there for a term and then try to re-direct, disseminate, lie, and distort to try to make the mess being cleaned up all due to the new people.

Just like they have tried with Faux News and Obama....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2016, 02:47:24 pm »

I've been actively following local politics since the mid 90's when Susan Savage was mayor.  This is the first time I can remember a sitting mayor/major candidate giving the bird to the League of Women Voters and blowing off their mayoral candidate forum.

Really, Dooey?  Given three potential dates, you can't even bother to respond to them?  This is a non-partisan group that simply works to provide unbiased information to voters.  It's a forum with no agenda other than to allow citizens to hear the candidates respond to questions.

Blowing off the League of Women Voters, and avoiding public forums and debates with GT is ridiculous.  It proves to me that Dooey doesn't believe he can win a debate on the merits of his positions. Dooey likes sound bites, negative ads, and little feel-good get-togethers with "patriots."  That's not what we need in a mayor.  We need a mayor who can have a coherent discussion about identifying important issues, solving problems, inspiring citizens, and working together with all Tulsans... not just right-wing republican buddies in town.

Having a mayor who refuses to appoint democrats to boards and commissions is just flat out weird.  The fact that his staff looks for people who attend his church or give money to his campaigns when deciding who to appoint is scary.

GT is not perfect, but he is head and shoulders above Dooey when it comes to dedication to the broader Tulsa community, basic intelligence, and willingness to listen to different perspectives and discuss the issues.  I respect him even when I disagree with him.  Having Dooey as our mayor embarrasses me.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2016, 04:28:11 pm »

I've been actively following local politics since the mid 90's when Susan Savage was mayor.  This is the first time I can remember a sitting mayor/major candidate giving the bird to the League of Women Voters and blowing off their mayoral candidate forum.

Really, Dooey?  Given three potential dates, you can't even bother to respond to them?  This is a non-partisan group that simply works to provide unbiased information to voters.  It's a forum with no agenda other than to allow citizens to hear the candidates respond to questions.

Blowing off the League of Women Voters, and avoiding public forums and debates with GT is ridiculous.  It proves to me that Dooey doesn't believe he can win a debate on the merits of his positions. Dooey likes sound bites, negative ads, and little feel-good get-togethers with "patriots."  That's not what we need in a mayor.  We need a mayor who can have a coherent discussion about identifying important issues, solving problems, inspiring citizens, and working together with all Tulsans... not just right-wing republican buddies in town.

Having a mayor who refuses to appoint democrats to boards and commissions is just flat out weird.  The fact that his staff looks for people who attend his church or give money to his campaigns when deciding who to appoint is scary.

GT is not perfect, but he is head and shoulders above Dooey when it comes to dedication to the broader Tulsa community, basic intelligence, and willingness to listen to different perspectives and discuss the issues.  I respect him even when I disagree with him.  Having Dooey as our mayor embarrasses me.

He's probably busy trying to find a fire-retardant phone before he commits.  You know how bad that would look for his phone to spontaneously combust?  Especially if it happens right in the middle of an important (911) phone call.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2016, 06:12:36 am »

I was surprised by the Mayor's answers to the TN questions:

http://www.tulsanow.org/forum/index.php?topic=21330.0

He seems to either have progressed on some issues like transportation and planning or he was answering the questions based on his perception of the audience.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:14:19 am by carltonplace » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2016, 07:04:15 am »

he was answering the questions based on his perception of the audience.

^^This.

I notice the Bartlet (sic) camp sent out a mailer yesterday with an endorsement of “conservative” Dewby from Tom Coburn on one side and saying Kathy Taylor “sponsors” GT on the other.  It’s an obvious angle to paint GT as a liberal.  I have noticed, however that many progressives are backing GT.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2016, 07:43:57 am »

^^This.

I notice the Bartlet (sic) camp sent out a mailer yesterday with an endorsement of “conservative” Dewby from Tom Coburn on one side and saying Kathy Taylor “sponsors” GT on the other.  It’s an obvious angle to paint GT as a liberal.  I have noticed, however that many progressives are backing GT.

I've noticed here in the last few days the ad that Dooey is running talking about GT's 'Washington lobbyist background'.  Guess I didn't know that but I'm of the belief 'anybody but Dooey' right now.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2016, 10:11:42 am »

I saw those ads too but had trouble understanding how having a successful lobbyist as a mayor would be a bad thing. It's not like he has any defense contracts to hand out.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2016, 11:19:57 am »

He seems to either have progressed on some issues like transportation and planning or he was answering the questions based on his perception of the audience.

That's the definition of lying.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2016, 08:54:34 am »

I swear I just heard the Mayor call into the Diane Rehm show to defend Trump's campaign strategy. 
Dspike
Activist

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:42 am »

New poll from June 20:  http://soonerpoll.com/wpcontent/uploads/2016/06/TulsaMayoralElection_FINALREPORT-1.pdf

Topline:

Bartlett 41
Bynum 38
Other 8
Undecided 14

Broken down by party:

GOP: Bartlett leads 54-31
IND: Bynum leads 45-25
DEM: Bynum leads 47-25

Other relevant information:

Barlett favorability: 57/41
Bynum favorability: 56/29

Would a Kathy Taylor endorsement make you more or less likely to vote for a candidate:
More 25
Less 48
No diff 27

Would a Tom Coburn endorsement make you more or less likely to vote for a candidate:
More 40
Less 31
No diff 29
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org