A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:44:28 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OSU-Tulsa Releases Plans To Develop Campus, Community  (Read 8240 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 03:41:32 pm »

What is a "Public Shool"?

Maybe they're just noting an existing public school?  I have a friend that lives just north of that on N Denver and I find myself driving through this neighborhood a lot these days.  The construction takes me weird places around there, but there is a school there.

Kinda makes me sad.  This essentially obliterates what remains of Standpipe Hill.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 04:06:07 pm »

Its Emerson Elementary school and a very good one at that.

onward...through the fog
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2016, 05:16:07 pm »

Suggests that the graphic was created by an OSU grad.

lol

Oh, I see.  A shool (to an OSU grad) might be a school.

davideinstein
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2016, 06:54:20 pm »

lol

Oh, I see.  A shool (to an OSU grad) might be a school.

🙄
Tulsasaurus Rex
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:27 pm »

What is a "Shool"?

It's Yiddish for synagogue
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2016, 01:22:01 pm »

I'll keep it short and sweet. Family, religion, friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business. When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church. Or synagogue.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2016, 03:05:36 pm »

That's pretty true Ibanez. As I look back on life it was one of those three that always kept me from pursuing an opportunity or a vision. Of course, I don't mean to say it was their fault, I let them interfere. The up side is that I enjoy my family immensely, and the friends I do have are reliable. I can remember the moment in my life when opportunities offered a fork in the road. Divorce.

Instead, I remarried. However, I make the family pay dearly for interfering with my grandiose plans. Every time I drive by the Blue Dome I remind them how I wanted to buy the property , cheap, way back when, because I thought there was unrealized potential in the area. I knew real estate and I had a vision of the area that Sharp also had. I wanted to put my offices in it and operate the Veterans Bar next door. Wife said I was crazy. The area was a dump and I knew nothing about running a bar. All true.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org