A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:13:35 am
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Trust selects developer  (Read 134784 times)
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #225 on: April 18, 2018, 11:29:11 am »

Anything going on with this project?  Is it dead? The sale contract requires the developer to include a "first class" grocery store (whatever that means) and they only had 180 days to get one signed up. I think that 180 day period should have expired about a month ago.  The developer is allowed to extend the deadline for 30 days by paying $25,000 to the PAC Trust and they are allowed 4 extensions.  Does anyone have any idea if they have paid to extend the contract? (They would have to be making their second $25,000 payment this week.)

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #226 on: April 18, 2018, 02:40:02 pm »

Anything going on with this project?  Is it dead? The sale contract requires the developer to include a "first class" grocery store (whatever that means) and they only had 180 days to get one signed up. I think that 180 day period should have expired about a month ago.  The developer is allowed to extend the deadline for 30 days by paying $25,000 to the PAC Trust and they are allowed 4 extensions.  Does anyone have any idea if they have paid to extend the contract? (They would have to be making their second $25,000 payment this week.)

I haven't heard anything but hope this is still moving along in the background.  Like Santa Fe Square it's a massive hole to fill and probably has a lot of moving parts to get it off the ground, hence the delay.  It's still listed on Flaherty & Collins' website: http://flco.com/company-properties/the-annex/

I've seen a couple different renderings but like this one the best:

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #227 on: April 18, 2018, 04:39:49 pm »

This project makes 100 times more sense than REI at 71st & Riverside.  This needs to happen and would serve an actual need in Tulsa's retail market along with so many other needs it would provide for Downtown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2018, 10:22:39 am »

Anyone know if this is still in motion?
MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2018, 11:53:42 am »

Should be. It's a constant line item on the Agendas they post. Whether or not there is legit progress is another thing entirely
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2018, 12:38:14 pm »

I would think they would need a letter of intent from a grocery operator in order to proceed, and not sure if they have that or not.  Anyone know the terms of their agreement with the PAC?

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2018, 01:21:55 pm »

Not sure on terms, but I recall a grocer being a requisite for the development. Pretty sure Bynum made some reference to that when people were freaking out because Reasor's was removed from the renderings
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2018, 05:01:29 pm »

Should be. It's a constant line item on the Agendas they post. Whether or not there is legit progress is another thing entirely

Where are agendas posted?

MostSeriousness
Civic Leader

« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2018, 07:08:55 am »

The City of Tulsa website. The Agendas aren't typically too revealing, and since Minutes recorded aren't apparently stored there, it's just a bit of a guessing game unless you're there at the meeting:

https://www.cityoftulsa.org/government/meeting-agendas/
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2018, 06:16:03 pm »

Some interesting new renderings up on the Flaherty & Collins website:

swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2018, 06:45:11 pm »

Some interesting new renderings up on the Flaherty & Collins website:

Looks good. Looks like a hotel and condos.

Question though, is the First Place Tower melting in the second photo?
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #236 on: December 13, 2018, 07:43:13 pm »

Some interesting new renderings up on the Flaherty & Collins website

Was this tower always in the plan? Renderings are almost always sexier than the real thing, but if this is actually what they are planning to build that would be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:07:46 am by Rattle Trap » Logged
ELG4America
Activist

« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2018, 09:00:59 am »

That tower is new. The rendering shows 21 stories. With average apartment floor plates of 10-15 ft it would likely be in the 200-300ft range (the Philtower is 323 ft.) Lets not get our hopes up too high but Flaherty & Collins has completed at least one similar development in Indianapolis. 360 Market Square includes a 27 story 290 ft. tower, 40,000 sqft. Whole Foods, 2,000 sqft. Starbucks and 525 place parking garage.

I can't help but hope this and to a lesser extent the Valley National HQ means our drought of major building construction is coming to an end.
Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2018, 09:28:58 am »

That tower is new. The rendering shows 21 stories. With average apartment floor plates of 10-15 ft it would likely be in the 200-300ft range (the Philtower is 323 ft.) Lets not get our hopes up too high but Flaherty & Collins has completed at least one similar development in Indianapolis. 360 Market Square includes a 27 story 290 ft. tower, 40,000 sqft. Whole Foods, 2,000 sqft. Starbucks and 525 place parking garage.

I can't help but hope this and to a lesser extent the Valley National HQ means our drought of major building construction is coming to an end.

The photo posted here cuts off what appears to be a 3 or 4 story parking garage at the base of the tower and behind it (you can see some of it in the first photo). I don't recall their website mentioning anything about a hotel that you see in the renderings, but you really couldn't get a better location for downtown condos/apartments, hotel, grocery store, etc.

Since there are no good details provided via the City website I went ahead and sent in a "request info" email through the Flaherty & Collins website. I give it a 1/10 chance I actually hear anything useful back, but it's worth a try.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2018, 11:03:49 am »

The photo posted here cuts off what appears to be a 3 or 4 story parking garage at the base of the tower and behind it (you can see some of it in the first photo). I don't recall their website mentioning anything about a hotel that you see in the renderings, but you really couldn't get a better location for downtown condos/apartments, hotel, grocery store, etc.

Since there are no good details provided via the City website I went ahead and sent in a "request info" email through the Flaherty & Collins website. I give it a 1/10 chance I actually hear anything useful back, but it's worth a try.

Agree this is one of the best sites in downtown and hopefully we get a quality project like this.  I'm still skeptical about the grocery concept working if you can't get a local company like Reasor's to operate it.  It may be too much of a risk for a national player, but maybe not.  As was mentioned F&C has done similar projects in Indianapolis. 

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org