A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:37:55 am
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Trust selects developer  (Read 134783 times)
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #195 on: October 11, 2017, 10:02:14 am »

Think Sprouts would try an urban store here? They would be my #2 choice after Reasor's.  

Sprouts is always #1 in a comparison with Reasor's.... actually there is no comparison.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: October 11, 2017, 10:04:43 am »

That's just an excuse.   Reasor's be strapped for cash.
Being your closest competitor is generally considered a good thing.  Doesn't leave room for anyone else.  It seems to be QT's philosophy.

Yeah, well maybe if Reasor's hadn't turned into such a$$hats, they would not be having those problems.

I did notice the gasoline cartel in town has actually started to bring prices down just a tiny bit.  Still 20 cents higher than the $1.96 I filled at on Monday evening in OKC area.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2017, 11:37:49 am »

I guess this is going to be called the "Annex".  http://flco.com/company-properties/the-annex/

Annex - a subsidiary building or an addition to a building

The name practically spews gooey excitement.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2017, 12:01:59 pm »

Anyone remember The Annex Mall on 41st?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2017, 12:58:19 pm »

Annex: a building joined to or associated with a main building, providing additional space or accommodations.

That the definition of annex.  The Wright Building has an annex.  The Courthouse has an annex.  So does the Tulsa Welding school, TCC, and several buildings at the University of Tulsa.   Among many others, of course.  This is a new development - it isn't adding on to or adjoining any building is it?  Will it be the PAC Annex? 

Im confused. 

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #200 on: October 11, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: October 11, 2017, 11:20:07 pm »

Anyone remember The Annex Mall on 41st?

Sure do right by Southroads.  I still remember the Southroads Cinema as well.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #202 on: October 12, 2017, 07:15:22 am »

Sure do right by Southroads.  I still remember the Southroads Cinema as well.

I remember the Annex 7 also.  I remember seeing the first Star Trek movie there.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #203 on: October 12, 2017, 07:26:18 am »

I might have to channel Jamie Jamieson and say why does the grocery store need 35,000sqft? Trader Joes is 8k-12k. Braums packs a decent grocery area into about 1k. A store that size offers a lot of variety but that also means a lot of inventory and overhead. A 35,000sqft store has to make a lot more money than one half the size or less.

Since Tulsa basically has little grocery competition, maybe someone can try to get Publix to swing in and take the spot. Here's their contact info: http://ww2.publix.com/realestate/SiteSubmission.do
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #204 on: October 12, 2017, 07:34:13 am »

I might have to channel Jamie Jamieson and say why does the grocery store need 35,000sqft? Trader Joes is 8k-12k. Braums packs a decent grocery area into about 1k. A store that size offers a lot of variety but that also means a lot of inventory and overhead. A 35,000sqft store has to make a lot more money than one half the size or less.

Since Tulsa basically has little grocery competition, maybe someone can try to get Publix to swing in and take the spot. Here's their contact info: http://ww2.publix.com/realestate/SiteSubmission.do

I agree, if they were doing their math on a $35,000 sq ft store, surely the numbers wouldn't add up.  A 2-3,000 sq ft corner/neighborhood store would do nicely and eventually I could see several of that size downtown.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:37:17 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #205 on: October 12, 2017, 10:24:50 am »

I agree, if they were doing their math on a $35,000 sq ft store, surely the numbers wouldn't add up.  A 2-3,000 sq ft corner/neighborhood store would do nicely and eventually I could see several of that size downtown.

The numbers likely won't add up now, but that should be growing as more housing is added. Plus, creating a great urban grocery place where people can gather and hang out on rooftop and get a cheap lunch could create a different market (lots of frugal people work downtown, bringing their own lunches, but would be more likely to go to a grocery store for lunch food items and would be convenient stop after work).

Recently, 2 new corner stores opened up downtown: The Goods Bodega in the Brady District at 107 M.L.K. Jr Blvd and First Street Market in the First Street Lofts in Blue Dome. The Goods Bodega is more of a lunch/breakfast carry out place with a few essentials and quick-prepare options. I haven't been to the First Street Market but seems like more of a convenience/corner store with cigs/beer and they plan on adding some hot convenient-store food.

Neither has a large selection that you'd expect from a grocery store but they're both close to 2,000 sq ft or more including back space. I think downtown needs a middle-sized grocery store at least, something like 8-15,000 sq ft (around typical Walgreens). It needs to have enough selection to realistically keep people in the IDL. Smaller stores are infamous for having higher markup (even if that isn't always the case) so if you need anything more than a quick snack or something small, the cost savings of going to an actual grocery store outweigh the inconvenience of just driving. Wherever the first grocery store goes in, it will still be a decent walk for most who live downtown. So it needs to have a legitimate grocery selection with thousands of items.
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #206 on: October 12, 2017, 10:29:59 am »

They might just have that large of an allotment to be able to lure a larger chain with the option of scaling down their space. Sounds like they need to publicize lots of prime real estate available for large grocery store to open the doors for just about any grocery chain then they can modify layout based on who they get. For a project this large, they probably want a locked-down lease before they start moving dirt and end up with a custom size/layout that won't work for some other grocery chain.

I wonder if Walmart Neighborhood market might step in. Seems like an ideal spot for Whole Foods, almost 5 miles from the other location and in a spot right in the middle of their target demographic.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: October 12, 2017, 11:01:42 am »

How the Supermarket Has Changed in the Last 30 Years

http://fortune.com/2017/03/15/supermarket-changes-fresh-goods/

Your supermarket has seriously upgraded its offerings in the past few years—but there’s also been a real change to its actual footprint. According to the Food Marketing Institute, the median total store size was 42,800 square feet in 2015, up from 35,100 square feet in 1994.
hello
Civic Leader

« Reply #208 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:18 am »

Goodness I hope not. If it's not going to be an actual grocery store than I'm most likely going to keep going to Reasors on 15th or Brookside. I'd rather have a CVS than another expensive bodega.

TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2017, 07:35:48 am »

Goodness I hope not. If it's not going to be an actual grocery store than I'm most likely going to keep going to Reasors on 15th or Brookside. I'd rather have a CVS than another expensive bodega.

I agree. In my opinion, downtown needs a full-service grocery store and preferably one with enough perks/features that will actually draw in people from outside the IDL. Tulsa is so easy to get around and people are very price-sensitive with shopping at grocery stores (lots of frugal people). Downtown grocery should be a bit like the Reasors on Brookside but with a much better patio area and more hot items.

Central Market is a perfect example of a grocery store that's a destination. Tons of quick ready-to-eat items, huge  bakery, and all the essentials plus formidable wine/beer selection (which will be an option next year). I think Reasors could pull it off if they were committed. I hope they take advantage, but sounds unlikely at this point.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org