A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:47 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC Trust selects developer  (Read 134828 times)
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 11:17:11 am »

I assume the lower rise of the Reasor's is to provide views from the apartments.  Multi-storied grocery stores also require a lot of specialized features (escalators that work with carts, elevators, etc.) that really add to the cost that is probably not supported by the economics given cheaper land cost in downtown.  What would be really cool is a is roof-top garden on the Reasor’s that provided produce for the store.

Why does the second story have to be grocery store?
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 12:41:38 pm »

Will renters/buyers get a discount on their units for noise and odor issues with units closest to the loading dock and trash compactor?
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2015, 02:32:04 pm »

Will renters/buyers get a discount on their units for noise and odor issues with units closest to the loading dock and trash compactor?

Someone has to get the alley view.
DTowner
City Father

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2015, 02:36:24 pm »

Why does the second story have to be grocery store?

One of the PAC Trust requirements was that the project had to replace the existing parking spots and include sufficient parking for the new development.  Therefore, adding more apartments on top of the Reasor's would add to the number of parking spots required.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2015, 03:39:06 pm »

Also, it would be difficult to add more units and not have half the units with no street view (just an internal breezeway or nothing at all). That would be a hard sell in Tulsa.

Now, if we want to be greedy...

Ground floor Reasors on one side, ground floor retail/office on the others. The center of the block on the ground floor is a limited access alley for Reasors, etc. The next floors are parking garage. Apartments on top of that.  Poor, entire block high density!

Then again, I'm assuming they have the apartment complex and retail scaled to what they think they can make the most money off of. They probably aren't looking to get the "most dense" they can. Just the most dense that pays off the most.

I'm happy with it. A nice single story grocery store will add life and more walk-ability than a lot of other developments could. Plus, it is 10 fold denser than it is now!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2015, 07:45:18 pm »

I actually think the second story above at least part of Reasor's has to be the new theater for the PAC.

I've been to two multi level Target stores. The first one in Springfield, PA (near Philly by my daughter's college) that is a real two story store with special escalators for the carts. They have food on one floor and all the other items on the other. The other store is in downtown San Francisco by the Moscone Center (convention center), but that store is really a single level store on the second floor with a movie theater and food court below. I've also seen a Safeway in SF where the roof is parking but the store was still ground level.

godboko71
Philanthropist

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 10:04:16 pm »

I like the development. If a small change could be made maybe instead of a few planters the whole roof could be a greenroof/green space?

Thank you,
Robert Town
TulsaGoldenHurriCAN
City Father

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 09:20:22 am »

I am very happy with this as the selection. For awhile I have been a proponent of an urban-style Reasors for downtown. I was surprised when it was included in this proposal and am ecstatic it is this close to becoming a reality!

Side note: What is up with News on 6 covering most of the Tulsa downtown/development stuff recently? Seems like Tulsa World has stepped down as the major news source for developments. I guess they are too busy talking about OU.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 10:04:02 am »

I am very happy with this as the selection. For awhile I have been a proponent of an urban-style Reasors for downtown. I was surprised when it was included in this proposal and am ecstatic it is this close to becoming a reality!

Side note: What is up with News on 6 covering most of the Tulsa downtown/development stuff recently? Seems like Tulsa World has stepped down as the major news source for developments. I guess they are too busy talking about OU.

The Tulsa World hasn't done a much for local reporting recently other than publish police reports, press releases and talk to Michael Sager.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 12:05:56 pm »

it looks like the structured parking is below the swimming pool in this concept art

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 12:33:06 pm »

it looks like the structured parking is below the swimming pool in this concept art

Well...it looks like there's a waterfall spilling over the roof of the parking garage also, too, as well.

DTowner
City Father

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 12:55:05 pm »

Well...it looks like there's a waterfall spilling over the roof of the parking garage also, too, as well.

It’s either an infinity pool or a waterfall spilling out onto the Reasor’s roof to water those trees that have sprouted up.
saintnicster
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 02:44:32 pm »

I wonder if they'll actually do the trees, or if it'll be another GreenArch.

original rendering http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/realestate/greenarch-brings-apartments-retail-to-greenwood/article_04374996-ea94-5034-817b-7940ad3400dc.html?mode=image&photo=1
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:22 pm »

Can anyone provide an example of a multi-story grocery store?
I've been to NYC, Tokyo, Europe, Seattle, San Fran...   haven't encountered a multi-level grocery store

Edit:  found this new store HEB store in San Antonio:
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/2015/01/new-san-antonio-h-e-b-grocery-store-is-on-two-levels.html/

Here's a multi-story Target in downtown Minneapolis.  It has escalators for carts that run parallel to the escalators for people.
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9750582,-93.2738054,3a,75y,237.27h,97.25t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1su7UbAVMWZeTTKhwconOy1A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

I've also been to a Safeway in Portland, Oregon that had elevators.  But I think you just used the elevators to access the below-ground parking lot.  Can't remember if the retail part of the store had a second floor or not.

I've been to several urban Walgreen's that were two stories tall in cities throughout the country.  Can't remember exactly where.  Miami and New York City, for sure, but I can't remember where else I've seen them.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 01:23:55 pm »

We'll see a two story grocery store same time we see a 3 bedroom apartment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org