A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:00:07 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Iron Maiden  (Read 18110 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: October 02, 2015, 09:39:26 am »

I know you guys like acts that normally don't roll through Tulsa. So i gotta ask. Is this one of those shows that should not be missed?
I'm not real familiar with their whole discography. And I'm sure that I have heard some of their songs.
The one thing that I am impressed by is that the BOK is one of these venues with only 9 tour dates announced.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-will-open-the-book-of-souls-world-tour-in-florida-usa-on-feb-24-2016.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 09:47:52 am »

I know you guys like acts that normally don't roll through Tulsa. So i gotta ask. Is this one of those shows that should not be missed?
I'm not real familiar with their whole discography. And I'm sure that I have heard some of their songs.
The one thing that I am impressed by is that the BOK is one of these venues with only 9 tour dates announced.

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-will-open-the-book-of-souls-world-tour-in-florida-usa-on-feb-24-2016.html

I saw them in 1987 at the Expo Center but they (and I for that matter) were much younger.  Bruce (the lead singer) from what I've heard isn't the singer he was from then.  But it was an exceptional show.

However, I may still go to this.  I blame them from the 1987 show for the tinnitus I now have in my left ear.  Loud.  Smiley

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:53:07 am »

I always liked their music...kinda reminded me of Uriah Heep and Savoy Brown in musical style...mid-epoch metal-ish.  (Early metal would be like MC5   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo35O1AJOfg  )

"Must See"....depends - I have seen them as well as Uriah Heep and quite a few others - I probably won't go to this one, but should be a good show if you like that style music!  Don't expect them to hit the highest notes...!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHe6FMs46o&list=RD7mHe6FMs46o#t=0

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 09:55:55 am »

However, I may still go to this.  I blame them from the 1987 show for the tinnitus I now have in my left ear.  Loud.  Smiley

What did you say...??

Loud == Johnny Winter.  Of all the loud concerts I have been to, his was the loudest.  Uriah Heep was probably second, then all the others grouped together at 140 db+  !!

Jimi wasn't as loud as some of them, but the quality was absolutely unbelievable !!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:35 am »

Gotta love what she says at about 33 seconds.... for all you who don't have FM stereo in your house, but do have it in your car...!!  At that time, I had no stereo anywhere!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ82BMdHjQM&list=RDuo35O1AJOfg&index=4

Language alert!!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:03:22 am by heironymouspasparagus » Logged

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 10:58:17 am »

That was awesome. Just run an extension cord outside and put the TV on the hood of your car and it will be just like your there.
The band was rockin and the crowd was as dead as I have ever seen. Good stuff.

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:11:04 am »

Run to the Hills!
Run for your Lives!

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 11:15:47 am »

Run to the Hills!
Run for your Lives!

That's the only one I remember.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 12:21:41 pm »

That's the only one I remember.

Its a song? I was just giving advice to get away from Iron Maiden.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 12:23:47 pm »

Its a song? I was just giving advice to get away from Iron Maiden.

Ohhhhhh, you
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

Anyone know the hours of the BOK parking garage? I have a friend from out of town who left his truck there overy night and now it's locked up.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 06:02:31 pm »

Anyone know the hours of the BOK parking garage? I have a friend from out of town who left his truck there overy night and now it's locked up.

There are several.  Which one?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 10:16:51 pm »

RIP Dolfan.  Still miss that guy.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 11:32:26 pm »

RIP Dolfan.  Still miss that guy.

What happened?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2016, 09:36:05 am »

What happened?

Suffered a fatal heart attack, I think it was late October, so not long after he started this thread.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org