A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:45:10 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Edge at East Village  (Read 34017 times)
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2016, 03:41:54 pm »

What's with the wide setback along Greenwood, for trees?

It was for open space (and a few trees, according to the June 18, 2009 map shown on page 23 of Volume 2 of the Downtown Master Plan).

The setback is a strip of land on the east side of Greenwood, forty feet wide, as I mentioned in a previous post.

The strip still may be intended as open space, but I don't know.  Since 2010, there have been various negotiations/agreements between the TDA and Land Legacy, and among the TDA, Tulsa Open Space Alliance (TOSA), Yvonne Hovell ( Urban 8 ), and The Edge developers.

In June 2015, it seems to me after reading this agreement, both TOSA and the TDA agreed to the sale of the north 220 feet of the strip (abutting The Edge property) to The Edge owners and the south 80 feet of the strip (abutting the Urban 8 development) to Urban 8.

The June 2015 agreement refers to a Valentine's Day 2014 contract between the TDA and TOSA, which I've not seen.  However, the June 2015 agreement amended the February 2014 contract by deleting all references to "Construction Plans" in the 2014 TDA-TOSA contract.  (In the June 2015 agreement, see item 2.g.)  If "Construction Plans" in the 2014 TDA-TOSA contract related to plans for an urban park or open space or something similar, then those particular "construction plans" are no longer binding upon The Edge owners or Urban 8, as I see it.

If I can find the February 2014 TDA-TOSA contract, then I'll post what I discover.  There were at least four amendments to the contract, as best I can tell.

Anyway, the strip very well may become a small urban park, eventually.  From the assorted documents and World articles I've found online, for at least seven years, an urban park seems to me to have been the intended "development" there.  But I could be wrong, wrong, wrong about that.  25 years ago, I foolishly thought that Helmerich Park was intended to be a park, not an REI commercial development with a huge parking lot and buildings with blank walls facing the river.

Little did I know about Helmerich Park.  And little do I know about the 40 foot setback on the east side of Greenwood between 2nd and 3rd, but from what I've discovered today, I think issues related to buried fuel storage tanks and utility easements have arisen since the June 2015 agreement. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2016, 11:49:30 am »

A small parklet there would be nice.  At one time Land Legacy wanted to develop a linear park through the East End, not sure if this parcel was included or not.  But a few small parklets/green space like this could be or even one larger one with a playground for kids could help turn this into more of a family-friendly urban neighborhood.  Even the most urban neighborhoods in NYC have small parks with playgrounds.

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »

I work for Land Legacy.

We had plans for lots of the East End of downtown. Most of it failed to materialize.

Power is nothing till you use it.
johrasephoenix
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2017, 08:08:33 pm »

Any word on the sister project by American Residential over by ONEOK?  The View? 
Bamboo World
Philanthropist

« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2017, 08:11:49 pm »

Any word on the sister project by American Residential over by ONEOK?  The View?

I've heard that the project is complete, but it has been painted sort of an austere stealth-bomber, Empire-Strikes-Back black, so it's nearly impossible to see it.

johrasephoenix
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2017, 09:31:23 pm »

Damn they're sneaky... that's some next level stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org