A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:02:18 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boozy McOrangeface To Resign  (Read 10648 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« on: September 25, 2015, 08:26:32 am »

I thought it was an Onion story when my boss first mentioned it, but Boehner is leaving Congress the end of next month with more than a year remaining on his term.

This seems rather abrupt.  Any bets on whether they found a dead male cheerleader in his trunk or there’s an impending investigation and indictment for corruption of some sort?

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner, under intense pressure from conservatives in his party, will resign one of the most powerful positions in government and give up his House seat at the end of October, throwing Congress into chaos as it tries to avert a government shutdown.

Mr. Boehner, who was first elected to Congress in 1990, made the announcement in an emotional meeting with his fellow Republicans on Friday morning.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/john-boehner-to-resign-from-congress.html?_r=0

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 08:40:12 am »

I thought it was an Onion story when my boss first mentioned it, but Boehner is leaving Congress the end of next month with more than a year remaining on his term.

This seems rather abrupt.  Any bets on whether they found a dead male cheerleader in his trunk or there’s an impending investigation and indictment for corruption of some sort?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/john-boehner-to-resign-from-congress.html?_r=0

I think it's because he's lost control of the House Republicans who are about to go Full Retard and shut the government down again and he wants no part of it anymore.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 08:44:16 am »

He started as one of the rebels in 1994. Now he is establishment and has to corral the new rebels. After 25 years that becomes herding cats. He ends on a high note by inviting the Pope to speak to the Congress.

Or maybe the Pope whispered something in his ear.

onward...through the fog
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 09:16:15 am »

He started as one of the rebels in 1994. Now he is establishment and has to corral the new rebels. After 25 years that becomes herding cats. He ends on a high note by inviting the Pope to speak to the Congress.

I feel a *real* split of the Republican Party will happen early next year.  Tea Partiers will try and create their own party.

I think Trump, regardless of whether or not he signed an agreement to back the Republican nominee if not him, will run as an Independent.  You all remember what happened last time an Independent got traction in a Presidential election.

Bubba.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 10:28:19 am »

I feel a *real* split of the Republican Party will happen early next year.  Tea Partiers will try and create their own party.

I think Trump, regardless of whether or not he signed an agreement to back the Republican nominee if not him, will run as an Independent.  You all remember what happened last time an Independent got traction in a Presidential election.

Bubba.

It’s still quite a bit early to think about whether or not Trump will need to run as an IND.  I think we will have a much better picture after the first 5-10 primaries.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 12:00:51 pm »

This is probably a victory for the loons.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2015, 01:32:04 pm »

The loons are taking over with our own Brindenstien going right over the ledge with them.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2015, 03:44:09 pm »

He really should go into voice acting. That golden baritone voice of his would work.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2015, 07:56:36 pm »

The loons are taking over with our own Brindenstien going right over the ledge with them.

Dude, he shot the rapids about the time he took the oath of office.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2015, 06:49:45 am »

Dude, he shot the rapids about the time he took the oath of office.

He's been hanging out with the Marshall family and Cha-ka ever since.

rebound
City Father

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 09:05:17 am »

He's been hanging out with the Marshall family and Cha-ka ever since.

LAND OF THE LOST IN THE HOUSE!  God, I loved that show.  I bought the entire series on DVD for my kids.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 09:56:59 am »

Anyone catch Inhofe using the pope's visit to take a cheap shot at Obama?

"As the Pope stated in his address, Congress has an important role to play in how the United States cares for our environment. When Congress and a White House administration work together, we can address environment policy in a way that improves Americans’ livelihoods while also protecting and even bolstering future economic opportunity for our nation."

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

I caught him giving the Pope the "stank eye" and clinching his fists when he talked about climate change being human influenced. That must have smarted.

Its Congress and specifically Inhofe that have slowed movement on environmental policy changes in defiance of a president he abhors and the rest of the world.

onward...through the fog
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2015, 12:23:22 pm »

We just need to go ahead and get behind Bridenstein for Speaker and get Trump elected President - that way we can get all the crazy right out in front of all the stupid people and get their noses rubbed in it in a big enough way that even they will never want the smell of that sh$t ever again!!  Only then can we make real progress toward a just and lasting world vision!

Otherwise, it's just another 1 degree on that boiling frog pot....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
TulsaMoon
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2015, 03:08:23 pm »

We just need to go ahead and get behind Bridenstein for Speaker and get Trump elected President - that way we can get all the crazy right out in front of all the stupid people and get their noses rubbed in it in a big enough way that even they will never want the smell of that sh$t ever again!!  Only then can we make real progress toward a just and lasting world vision!

Otherwise, it's just another 1 degree on that boiling frog pot....

Whoa, slow down... That's exactly the thinking of conservatives years ago. Nancy P and Obama. Let them get elected and watch how crazy things get, rub noses in it and then no one will ever want that sh&t again... Well now, look how that worked out. People are so fed up with the normal political options that a hair piece is leading in the polls. Dems had the chance to make a just and lasting world vision, they mostly blew it. Now a new world vision is emerging... Walk slowly and put the cat down, this is going to be one heck of a ride.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org