A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:31:41 am
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wow.  (Read 12260 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 12:30:41 pm »

Sounds like bullshit to me.......

What does?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 01:27:18 pm »

Better watch it...the Koch's may be after you next....

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/kochs-demand-walker-return-nine-hundred-million-dollars

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2015, 05:19:14 pm »

What does?

I dunno you tell me....

rebound
City Father

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2015, 05:52:24 pm »

I dunno you tell me....

Wow.

Ed W
City Father

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2015, 07:57:32 pm »

I can't speak to the nation, but I know people all over that take pride in their ignorance. Certainly evident in Kansas and Texas. Same with New Mexico, where going to college is derided as "selling out" or seen as the lazy way out by certain segments of the population. A disdain for education is a serious problem. Though, in Texas, Kansas, and New Mexico there are segments of the population that are actively opposed to education, here it seems much more widespread.

Actually, it is part of the Oklahoma Party Platform. The main goal of the Party is to use education as a tool to teach their Christian Faith. Educating students in public education is secondary to the goal of spreading the faith. Here are some quotes directly from the OKGOP platform in Oklahoma, under the "EDUCATION" section:

...When the education section of the party platform reads like a Church Sunday School charter, you're pretty well screwed.

I wonder if this was how the Dark Ages started.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2015, 08:23:48 pm »

I dunno you tell me....

I'm hopeful that you mean it's bullshit that a woman with that much brain damage is allowed to be near children.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 07:52:23 am »

Have you ever herped so hard you derped...??   He did !!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 07:53:40 am »

I wonder if this was how the Dark Ages started.

You didn't learn that in history??   Yes.  It is.

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 07:54:30 am »

Wow.

Yeah.  Now you get how he is....

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 09:30:13 am »

His name seems more Sinister and Evil than his left handedness.  Roll Eyes

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 05:16:16 pm »

Sometimes ya gotta elaborate just a tiny bit...do you mean the school reaction to a left handed kid (maybe you are left handed?) or the parent reaction to the ignorance and stupidstition at the school...  there is just so much BS floating around at that event, your comment is just too ambiguous...

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 09:29:05 pm »

Sounds like the response of a conservative when a scientist is trying to explain either global climate or evolution.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org