A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:58:21 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Councilor Bartlett says...  (Read 3755 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« on: September 18, 2015, 07:18:10 pm »

When discussing the proposed acceptance of parkland gifted at 71st and Riverside:

"I don't want to have an Authority taking away the rights of the citizens of Tulsa to use [the land at 71st and Riverside] as a park...we have to make sure we don't give someone the opportunity to take that right away from us."
 21 minute mark of - https://youtu.be/dMdf9ltVWws

Mayor Bartlett says:

"""This mayor is 110 percent supportive of the approval and the implementation of this site plan, the concept and the implementation of the use as anticipated." 

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/rei-riverside-clears-another-hurdle#stream/0

Remember, every always said that the land at 71st and Riverside was meant to be taken away from citizens and sold by some authority for development. No one ever thought it should remain park land.

Welcome to Tulsa REI.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 11:57:03 am »

When discussing the proposed acceptance of parkland gifted at 71st and Riverside:

"I don't want to have an Authority taking away the rights of the citizens of Tulsa to use [the land at 71st and Riverside] as a park...we have to make sure we don't give someone the opportunity to take that right away from us."
 21 minute mark of - https://youtu.be/dMdf9ltVWws

Mayor Bartlett says:

"""This mayor is 110 percent supportive of the approval and the implementation of this site plan, the concept and the implementation of the use as anticipated." 

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/rei-riverside-clears-another-hurdle#stream/0

Remember, every always said that the land at 71st and Riverside was meant to be taken away from citizens and sold by some authority for development. No one ever thought it should remain park land.

Welcome to Tulsa REI.

Typical. Parks and density are bad. Bone headed development that perpetuates sprawl, parking lots and wide roads is good. You'd think a conservative would be in favor of less government spending on concrete and asphalt.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 01:33:40 pm »

Typical. Parks and density are bad. Bone headed development that perpetuates sprawl, parking lots and wide roads is good. You'd think a conservative would be in favor of less government spending on concrete and asphalt.

You have 'conservative' confused with reality.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 03:03:31 pm »

“The jerb gertin’ist Murr e’er” just wants sales tax of any and all sorts as well as job growth even though it’s more entry level wage jobs. 

I see nothing wrong with setting the sort of standards other areas have no problem setting to minimize the dreck of development.  Developers can respect that or they can develop elsewhere.  Tulsa has desirable demographics, it’s not like we need to bend over backwards to get an REI, Trader Joe’s, or Costco here without putting up with crappy big box dreck or giving away millions in hand-outs to attract them.

It’s taken Wal-Mart years to get into Pagosa Springs, Colorado because they could not submit a design that would please the local zoning board.  It’s finally happening.  It seems to me mixed emotions on WM finally showing up there.  On the one hand, there are some conveniences people won’t have to drive to Durango for now or order on line, but there is still a sense that some sort of sacred line has been crossed by allowing Wal-Mart into the community.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 03:20:54 pm »

“The jerb gertin’ist Murr e’er” just wants sales tax of any and all sorts as well as job growth even though it’s more entry level wage jobs. 

I see nothing wrong with setting the sort of standards other areas have no problem setting to minimize the dreck of development.  Developers can respect that or they can develop elsewhere.  Tulsa has desirable demographics, it’s not like we need to bend over backwards to get an REI, Trader Joe’s, or Costco here without putting up with crappy big box dreck or giving away millions in hand-outs to attract them.

It’s taken Wal-Mart years to get into Pagosa Springs, Colorado because they could not submit a design that would please the local zoning board.  It’s finally happening.  It seems to me mixed emotions on WM finally showing up there.  On the one hand, there are some conveniences people won’t have to drive to Durango for now or order on line, but there is still a sense that some sort of sacred line has been crossed by allowing Wal-Mart into the community.

It was like that with Houston and Walmart when I lived down there.  The deal was that there were plenty of Walmarts in Houston, even with Houston street addresses.  The city just wouldn't allow them to build on city land.  It was either in surrounding suburbs or on unincorporated parts of Harris County that got Houston city street addresses.  I think that was relaxed sometime in the late 90s.

I had a Houston street address but did not live in the city limits.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org