A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:54:37 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fish Tacos  (Read 12473 times)
DolfanBob
City Father

« on: September 11, 2015, 10:05:25 am »

This is not a review but a question. I have a Birthday coming up and for some strange reason. All of the sudden I'm liking Fish Tacos. A few weeks back I had them at Chili's and I would like to have some again. But I would like to know where the best place to get them is?

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:21 am »

Calaveras at Admiral & Utica or the one in the old Wendy’s north of 21st & Garnett.  I think the name is Mariscos El Centenario

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 10:13:50 am »

El Guapos.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 10:43:52 am »

There's a new place that coworkers and I started going to in the last year that makes great fish tacos.  Can't remember the name of it now, but it's on the southeast corner of Pine and Sheridan.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 02:16:44 pm »

There's a new place that coworkers and I started going to in the last year that makes great fish tacos.  Can't remember the name of it now, but it's on the southeast corner of Pine and Sheridan.

El Super Taco by the Cricket store?
cynical
Civic Leader

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 02:49:05 pm »

How about Cancun, 7th and Lewis?

DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 04:11:30 pm »

Thanks for the places to check out. We are looking for someplace to dine in for dinner. I'm sure my Lady would want something other than what I'm having. And if they have a mean Margarita for her, all the better.  Grin

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 04:42:04 pm »

El Super Taco by the Cricket store?

That's the one.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 08:15:59 am »

How about Cancun, 7th and Lewis?

Great choice.  Also important to know they are one of the few restaurants in Tulsa which does not take debit or credit cards.  It had been awhile between visits and I forgot last time.  I was off looking for an ATM while my wife waited after we got the check.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2015, 07:33:11 am »

El Rio Verde......

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 08:23:35 am »

El Rio Verde......

They're pretty good too.  Not much on that menu that isn't.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 08:33:48 am »

They're pretty good too.  Not much on that menu that isn't.

They sure are....And you are right....

rdj
City Father

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:33 am »

Calaveras at Admiral & Utica or the one in the old Wendy’s north of 21st & Garnett.  I think the name is Mariscos El Centenario

Second the Calaveras recommendation.  Haven't had a mediocre experience yet.  Not sure on the margs.  They do serve Victoria Beer.

Live Generous.  Live Blessed.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 02:31:13 pm »

Have any of you been to El Rancho Grande?

http://www.elranchograndemexicanfood.com/

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »

Have any of you been to El Rancho Grande?

http://www.elranchograndemexicanfood.com/

Yes.  Many years ago.  Don't remember much, but seems that I retain at least a slightly favorable impression.  Also seems like a little pricey for what ya get...but that may just be the fog of years.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org