A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:11:02 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: White River Fishmarket and Restaurant  (Read 21328 times)
Ed W
City Father

« on: July 18, 2015, 06:15:52 pm »

Location(s) Being Reviewed:  1708 N Sheridan

Date/Time of Visit:  1130A 18JUL15

Quality of Food (1-5): 4

Menu/Food Options (1-5): 4 (See photo)

Quality of Service (1-5): 4

Atmosphere (1-5): 3 Plain and clean.

Overall Rating (1-5): 4

Price ($-$$$$$): Entrées range from $11 to $18.

What makes this restaurant unique: The dining area is plain but the food is fresh and tasty.

Tell us about your experience:

You enter through a door at the north end of the restaurant and place your order at the counter. There's a cold case displaying fresh fish on the right and another case on the left with some very tempting desserts, including huge chunks of cheesecake. I resisted mightily.

The waitresses know the regulars and greet the, calling them by name. It's a homey kind of place. I fully expected to be called "hon" but I was disappointed. Still, they were courteous and efficient.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 11:00:03 pm »

A Tulsa icon.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 11:42:01 pm »

A Tulsa icon.

Been a year or so since I've been but love going to this place.  Don't work far from it (15th/Sheridan) so it's never a bad trip.

Also a little taco place on the SE corner of Pine/Sheridan next to a cell phone store that maybe one of the best taco places I've ever eaten.  Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the place.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 01:49:47 am »

The wife and I went to White River Fish Market on Friday for a late lunch. I had the grilled sea scallops and her the fried shrimp. I saw that Doris (my old bank teller) had gotten a job there as a waitress.

I was amazed at how good the scallops were. I usually have the fried clams dinner (but can't eat fried food right now). My scallops were soft and seared just perfect.

Power is nothing till you use it.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 11:45:15 am »

How do they know where you are seated? You place your order, go sit down and then, miraculously, they show up with your food. No numbers, no name, nothing.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 07:09:54 pm »

How do they know where you are seated? You place your order, go sit down and then, miraculously, they show up with your food. No numbers, no name, nothing.

NSA
Ben
Citizen

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 11:07:46 am »

I have only been there one time, but this is what I noticed to. They just magically knew where to bring the food. Crazy.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 01:21:49 pm »

NSA

No Strings Attached?  You sassy beaver you.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 04:31:33 pm »

You get "chipped" when you go in the door...

Decades ago, worked at Independence and Sheridan and got to go for lunch once in a while.  Always liked it a lot... must return soon!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 07:14:45 am »

You get "chipped" when you go in the door...

Decades ago, worked at Independence and Sheridan and got to go for lunch once in a while.  Always liked it a lot... must return soon!!

Fish and chipped?
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 07:51:29 am »

Fish and chipped?

Absolutely!!   

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2015, 03:17:15 pm »

That reminded me of an exchange in a local diner.

"Do you have fish and chips?" I asked.

"No. But we have a fish basket with French fries!"

I didn't inquire about malt vinegar.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

Re:
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 02:47:46 pm »

That reminded me of an exchange in a local diner.

"Do you have fish and chips?" I asked.

"No. But we have a fish basket with French fries!"

I didn't inquire about malt vinegar.

Ore Ida doesn’t count.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
davideinstein
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 12:41:45 pm »

Food is a 5. I grew up eating seafood in North Carolina and this place is on that level. We go all of the time.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 10:38:04 am »

Food is a 5. I grew up eating seafood in North Carolina and this place is on that level. We go all of the time.

Good to hear they haven't slacked off any.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org