A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:21:08 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Draft 2015 Craft Beer Tasting  (Read 7922 times)
TPC1956
Tourist

« on: September 09, 2015, 08:51:11 am »

Celebrate eleven years of First Draft under the Downtown Tulsa skyline Oct. 16
Annual beer tasting benefits Tulsa Press Club, helps fund college scholarships

TULSA, Okla. – Tulsa’s premier beer tasting event returns this fall to ONEOK Field, home of the Tulsa Drillers and anchor to the revitalized Brady and Greenwood Districts. The Tulsa Press Club’s annual First Draft craft beer tasting is celebrating its eleventh year, and will be held Friday October 16th from 5:30 to 9:00 P.M..  Last year’s supporting brewers were Marshall Brewing, Prairie Artisan Ales, Dead Armadillo, Black Mesa, Roughtail, Coop, Choc, Tallgrass, Mustang, Willow Family Ales, and FOAM with more than 50 Oklahoma craft beers being featured.  Tom Gilbert, chief photographer for the Tulsa World and “What the Ale” beer blogger, is serving as chair of the event for the fourth straight year.

“We’re happy to celebrate 11 years of this great event by bringing it back to ONEOK Field, where the Brady District and Greenwood meet,” Gilbert said. “Oklahoma’s breweries continue to make a name for themselves both regionally and nationally. This is an opportunity for our local beer lovers to be among the first to taste the next great beer on the market. With so many unique beers and the beautiful Downtown Tulsa skyline as a backdrop, you can’t ask for a better experience”   

Sellout crowds on ONEOK’s Refinery Deck during previous years have opened up the opportunity to take First Draft to the concourse level of the ballpark. The concourse accommodates more people and overhead cover, and allows for more brewers and gives beer tasters extra room to move. Last year’s event came close to being sold out as in previous years with about 500 attendees. This year’s event is expected to draw at least 600 people. 

First Draft benefits the Tulsa Press Club, whose mission is to foster and promote ethical journalism, defend freedom of the press and the public’s right to information, encourage the exchange of ideas between media and their publics.

To purchase tickets or for more information about First Draft, visit www.firstdrafttulsa.com, check out the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/firstdrafttulsa or follow the event on Twitter at @TulsaFirstDraft. Sponsorships and VIP packages are available.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:57:16 am »

Couldn't find a more suitable place for this....

The Smithsonian is looking for an historian to travel the country tasting craft beer and reporting back with the results.

$64,000 per year plus benefits.   3 year term.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »

Couldn't find a more suitable place for this....

The Smithsonian is looking for an historian to travel the country tasting craft beer and reporting back with the results.

$64,000 per year plus benefits.   3 year term.

Too bad I’ve got other plans for the next three years.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 01:08:29 pm »

Too bad I’ve got other plans for the next three years.

Me, too!  It is tempting, though.  At the end of it, there might be other opportunities come along.  Or get another grant from the beer industry, since results are "inconclusive."  Needs more study for a complete picture.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org