A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:26:41 am
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184330 times)
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #330 on: May 17, 2022, 09:49:25 am »

I think it has one more floor to go (above the halfway complete one?) Very close either way. Its height has a bigger impact on downtown than I would have initially guessed.

What is the height of the proposed PAC Annex compared to this building?

Rattle Trap
Activist

« Reply #331 on: May 17, 2022, 09:56:51 am »

Initially I think it was something like 27 stories, but several months an article came out about it being downsized. Haven't heard anything since.
LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #332 on: May 17, 2022, 09:57:24 am »

They will be almost the same height. PAC Annex will be more floors but parking is essentially underground from the 3rd Street side. So they will end up being similar in final elevation when looking at the skyline.

Initially I think it was something like 27 stories, but several months an article came out about it being downsized. Haven't heard anything since.

The design shifted. Given Reasor's pulled out and this is now Homeland, the grocer will have about a 15,000 sq ft smaller floorplate which will allow them to shift around the residential and hotel. The hotel will now be able to go on the corner of 3rd & Cincinnati versus 2nd. So the residential portion will now go along the entire 2nd St frontage versus just the corner of it along Detroit. So the residential portion floorplate will be wider and thus less floors than the revised renderings. It will look much more like the original renderings when it was initial proposed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 09:59:57 am by LandArchPoke » Logged
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2022, 02:56:01 pm »

Office tower has officially topped out. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/manhattan-construction-company_buildingexcellence-activity-6948657674397917185-J7Kz?utm_source=linkedin_share&utm_medium=member_desktop_web

Exterior cladding is well on it's way and you can see in the photos that windows are already going up on the north side at least.

I think we're all even more excited for the retail/residential portion though. As SXSW mentioned in the PAC thread, they have until Sept. 1 to get started before TIF penalties start. Hopefully they are just waiting on construction of this to get a bit further so they can fit in better. Not much room for staging anymore.

ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #334 on: July 20, 2022, 11:27:48 am »

Largest tower crane is being taken down today... hopefully that means they're shifting to the next phase!
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #335 on: July 21, 2022, 11:02:17 am »

I noticed that. They had semi's lined up down 2nd for it. Quite an operation to remove or set one of those things up. It was all down by yesterday evening.

They are moving quickly with the cladding on the north side.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #336 on: July 31, 2022, 03:19:23 pm »

Cladding almost done on the north side.... pretty basic on that side. The brick is really just an accent on this tower.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2022, 12:57:41 pm »

I actually think the glass color looks pretty sharp. Excited to see this one finish up.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2022, 01:45:30 pm »

Looking forward to seeing the apartments go up on that lot next to the garage

LandArchPoke
Philanthropist

« Reply #339 on: August 08, 2022, 05:20:17 pm »

I did find out not too long ago the second tenant is Laredo Energy. They are taking up every floor below the law firm except the lowest floor above the garage. So there's 1 floor available still and that's it. Laredo will be consolidating out of the Bank of America tower.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2022, 07:42:46 am »

https://manhattanconstructiongroup.com/manhattan-construction-company/resource/santa-fe-square-tulsa-oklahoma-webcam/

I didn't realize they had such great construction cams for this project. I think I checked these months ago and they weren't working too well, but now they give a great view of the cladding going up. Already nearly finished on the north and going strong on the south and east sides.

They have updated the signage at the corner of Elgin & 2nd with the latest renderings. The Apartments look really good now. They have added some more detail to the facades and put a large neon looking sign on top that will make this area pop. Can't find the updated renderings online yet though - I should have taken a picture.
tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2022, 08:24:38 am »

https://manhattanconstructiongroup.com/manhattan-construction-company/resource/santa-fe-square-tulsa-oklahoma-webcam/

I didn't realize they had such great construction cams for this project. I think I checked these months ago and they weren't working too well, but now they give a great view of the cladding going up. Already nearly finished on the north and going strong on the south and east sides.

They have updated the signage at the corner of Elgin & 2nd with the latest renderings. The Apartments look really good now. They have added some more detail to the facades and put a large neon looking sign on top that will make this area pop. Can't find the updated renderings online yet though - I should have taken a picture.

The time-lapse option on both cams is fun. Too bad there isn't an interior camera.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #342 on: August 09, 2022, 10:35:19 am »

Thanks for sharing! Very fun to watch. I noticed the signage as well.. really can't wait to see the residential get started. I think filling in that corner by the blue dome will have almost as much impact as the tower itself.
Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #343 on: August 09, 2022, 04:19:13 pm »

I actually think the glass color looks pretty sharp. Excited to see this one finish up.

I agree!  I was driving westbound on I-244 Saturday and must say that this is a nice shiny glass addition to our skyline. 
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #344 on: August 16, 2022, 08:45:22 am »

In depth article on the construction going on at Santa Fe Square. Sounds like they're really pushing the schedule.

https://www.enr.com/articles/54573-inventive-strategies-keep-tulsa-project-on-pace
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org