A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:22:11 am
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Santa Fe Square on the big surface parking lot in the Blue Dome...  (Read 184391 times)
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: July 25, 2021, 07:58:44 pm »

Successful/vibrant urban retail needs...

1. Retail next to and facing more retail (some special exceptions may apply)

2. Minimum 14' ceilings.  (some special exceptions may apply)

3. Lots of: Awnings, loggias, connected interiors.  (some special exceptions may apply)

4.  Approximately 6 contiguous blocks of said retail. (some special exceptions may apply)

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #286 on: August 26, 2021, 01:31:29 pm »

I didn't stop by for a picture, but they are really moving quickly with construction here. Foundations are already set apparently, and as I went by yesterday there was rebar sticking out of the ground nearly ready for vertical construction to start imminently. Guessing this gets off the ground next week? I guess it helps that this building apparently doesn't have a basement. The foundations appeared to be mostly drilled cast-in-place piers from what little I have peeked at while driving past.

I know the architecture may not be that exciting, but I am looking forward to seeing the impact it will have on our skyline for this area. Between this, Vast, and WPX (or whatever we are calling it now), and several other infils, this area suddenly feels kinda dense and urban.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #287 on: August 26, 2021, 08:27:24 pm »

One of the things with a cheaper facade is that you can always rip it off and or upgrade if the building is making money.  If you get an area going with the right critical mass (and a developer may need to pinch some pennies on the facade at first) it can then be worth the investment to upgrade as time goes on. Do the best you can at first and make it successful, then keep improving.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #288 on: August 26, 2021, 08:38:33 pm »

One of the things with a cheaper facade is that you can always rip it off and or upgrade if the building is making money.  If you get an area going with the right critical mass (and a developer may need to pinch some pennies on the facade at first) it can then be worth the investment to upgrade as time goes on. Do the best you can at first and make it successful, then keep improving.

I think they said that the city rejected the EIFS siding and required brick. I don't think it's an issue now.
ComeOnBenjals
Civic Leader

« Reply #289 on: September 07, 2021, 12:00:50 pm »

This phase is much bigger than I initially thought. From the BOK Tower, it's going to be massive. All the way from 1st to 2nd street.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #290 on: September 07, 2021, 01:29:15 pm »

This phase is much bigger than I initially thought. From the BOK Tower, it's going to be massive. All the way from 1st to 2nd street.

The parking garage footprint is from 1st to 2nd and 309k sq ft on 6 levels with 720 stalls.  The office tower portion is only 6 levels above the garage and is 135,000 sq ft. They are also parking the residential portion within the garage which is why it is so large.

shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2021, 02:53:40 pm »

So much rebar sticking out of the ground. Looks like they are working on an elevator core foundation? This was taken on tuesday evening.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2021, 07:44:44 am »

Looks like the tower crane was being set on Friday. Should be exciting to see that go up this week.
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #293 on: September 30, 2021, 08:28:48 am »

Took this on Tuesday evening of the first tower crane being setup. Looks like there's a second base on the other side.

They are already well on their way with vertical construction. Lots of the first level columns are already poured.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #294 on: September 30, 2021, 02:33:31 pm »

Are there any new renderings of the office building? 

tulsabug
Civic Leader

« Reply #295 on: September 30, 2021, 05:22:49 pm »

Are there any new renderings of the office building? 

I find this one on their website:

Possibly I was on the wrong website.  Grin

/ I'm here all week, folks!

Urban Enthusiast
Activist

« Reply #296 on: October 01, 2021, 04:15:21 pm »

I find this one on their website:

Possibly I was on the wrong website.  Grin

/ I'm here all week, folks!

I doubt the final product will look like this rendering.  Probably another bait and switch.  There will likely be fewer flowers and I doubt in the end they can afford to have it be red.  Probably only one window upstairs and who knows if that path will be curved.  Most likely it will end up straight. 
shavethewhales
Philanthropist

« Reply #297 on: October 02, 2021, 03:51:46 pm »

Two cranes now. Bottom level of columns have been poured for just about the entire floor. They don't seem very high. I know it's a parking level, but usually the first level is a bit taller. They are still digging around and getting ready to pour the floor slab though.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #298 on: October 03, 2021, 12:30:33 pm »

Another angle

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #299 on: October 20, 2021, 10:07:43 am »

Tower crane skyline view

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org